ALT+TAB classic view in the latest Windows 10

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Does the ALT+TAB combo box under System>Multitasking only appear if Edge is the default browser, or should it appear even if another browser is the default? I am asking this because a friend of mine just installed the latest Feature Update to Windows 10, and the ALT+TAB combo box does not appear under Settings>System>Multitasking.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Quentin Christensen

Do you mean "Pressing alt+tab shows windows that are open on" combo box in the "Virtual desktops" grouping, with the options being "Only the desktop I'm using" or "all desktops"?

It's there for me although I'm using two desktops - maybe it doesn't appear as an option until you have created a second desktop?  (Windows+alt+d).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Bill,

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,
October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610
, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

What's coming back from the winver command for version and build numbers?

        ~ Madonna

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Quentin. I don't think this is what I am referring to. What I am referring to is a combo box which is supposed to govern whether or not Microsoft tabs show in the ALT+TAB list, or whether only open windows in running apps are displayed in the ALT+TAB list. Brian Vogel has sent messages regarding this topic in the past, but I am unclear as to whether Edge must be the default browser in order for this combo box to show up. This combo box only pertains to Windows 10, version 20H2 and succeeding versions, the update released recently, the last of October.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Hi, Brian. I don't know her build numbers, but when she opened Settings>Windows updates, it gave the message: Congratulations, you have recently installed the most recent Feature Update to Windows. Note that it did not say Cumulative Update, but Feature Update. This leads me to believe that she has installed 20H2. I will get back with her concerning her version and build numbers.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

What's coming back from the winver command for version and build numbers?

        ~ Madonna

Hi Quentin,

This refers to switching between apps versus Edge tabs in 20H2.

[...]

Mike B.

Hi Bill,

I have Brave set as my default browser and I'm running, 2004 version 19041.610.   Under Settings / System / Multitasking i am showing, Pressing Alt+Tab shows windows that are open on Combo box
All desktops combobox.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!

Does the ALT+TAB combo box under System>Multitasking only appear if Edge is the default browser, or should it appear even if another browser is the default? I am asking this because a friend of mine just installed the latest Feature Update to Windows 10, and the ALT+TAB combo box does not appear under Settings>System>Multitasking.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Joseph (and Bill) - I must admit I hadn't actually looked at those settings in so long, I couldn't remember what was or wasn't there, and missed the importance of the specific version referred to (FWIW, I'm using 64-bit Version: 2004, Build: 19041).

Ok, back in my box now :)

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 12:58 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...>

I need to find the beginning of this.

Hi, Brian. You wrote:

Bill,

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

The version she shows is,

Microsoft Windows

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Is this 2004H1 or H2?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

What's coming back from the winver command for version and build numbers?

        ~ Madonna

Jason White

2004 is effectively 20H1.

If you have 20H2 installed, the version number now literally reads "20H2", at least on my system.

On 11/7/20 6:30 PM, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Brian. You wrote:

Bill,

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

The version she shows is,

Microsoft Windows

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Is this 2004H1 or H2?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

       Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2?   There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

What's coming back from the winver command for version and build numbers?

        ~ Madonna

albert brown

Yesterday I got an update, you can see it below.
Is this the correct update.

ALBERT

Jaws Home Eddition 2020

Operating System Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 (build 19042.572)

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610 <https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topic/october_2020_cumulative/77895427?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,77895427>

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

Are they absolutely positive that they're on Version 20H2? There was a recent update,

October 2020 cumulative update preview: KB4580364/build 19041(2).610 <https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topic/october_2020_cumulative/77895427?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,77895427>

, that I've seen some believe was the 20H2 Feature Update.

What's coming back from the winver command for version and build numbers?

~ Madonna

Jason White

Yes, that's clearly the 20H2 update.