Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 released, clarifications on system requirements from Microsoft, forum rename proposal update #insiderbuilds #win11

Hi all,

Normally Insider Preview build announcements are reserved for insiders subgroup, but I’m making an exception as it is important for everyone to read the following posts:

Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 is now available for Insiders subscribed to dev channel:

Announcing the first Insider Preview for Windows 11 | Windows Insider Blog

Also, Windows Insider team (from Microsoft ) clarified system requirements for Windows 11, along with temporarily removing PC Health Check app due to confusion it has caused:

Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog

As a reminder from last week, I have instructed resident Windows Insiders to share their findings here (on the parent forum) so folks can be aware of what is to come.

Speaking of what is to come, forum rename proposal is still ongoing – the proposal window will close on June 30, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). Please reply to the proposal thread (not this thread) so the leadership team (I, Nimer, Austin) can read your suggestions in one place. Next week, a poll will be created to let you choose the forum name that will best represent the purpose of this forum and the forum’s direction for years to come. Whichever name gets most votes by July 12, 2021 will be chosen as the forum name, complete with aliases.

A surprise bonus: sometime in July I will release the archive of the old NVDA-WinTen Freelists forum as a zipped text file archive so you can browse the complete history of our forum in one go (October 2014 to early 2016: files, October 2015 onwards: forum archive).

Cheers,

ZJoseph

Daniel MacDonald

hello all

Onwhat does it mean when the pc helth check app is blocked from
downloading? I read all the blog posts and the FAQ and theb post on
the microsoft answers forum, and couldn't find anything, so I thought
of this list. I hope it doesn't mean that my PC does not meet the
requirements.
regards,
Daniel

<https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/announcing-the-first-i

<https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/update-on-windows-11-m
[...]

Hi,
PC Health Check app was, to be honest, a mess (we now have an archive full of info about this app). Another reason for its temporary demise is that Microsoft is thinking about hardware requirements, and if Windows Insiders provides useful (I would add, "accurate") reports, computers with older processors might become eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.
By the way, Windows 11 preview build reports itself as version 10.0.22000.51, and version (now called "Update") is shown as 21H2. This will require changing the Windows version hashtag format a bit as Windows 10 21H2 is also being prepared.

[...]

hi,

how do I turn on the TPM chip in the BIOS? is it accessible with Narrator?

PC Health Check app was, to be honest, a mess (we now have an archive full
of info about this app). Another reason for its temporary demise is that
Microsoft is thinking about hardware requirements, and if Windows Insiders
provides useful (I would add, "accurate") reports, computers with older
processors might become eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.
By the way, Windows 11 preview build reports itself as version
10.0.22000.51, and version (now called "Update") is shown as 21H2. This will
require changing the Windows version hashtag format a bit as Windows 10 21H2
is also being prepared.

clarifications on system requirements from Microsoft, forum rename proposal
update #Win11 #InsiderBuilds

[...]

Mr. Ed

Hi Joseph and all,
On the email that you sent out there is a link to click on that tells about the health app to check your pc. Microsoft said in that article that they removed the health app as it was not working properly and apologized for it. They said they would be working on updating it and will [post it back on at a later date.
Mr. Ed

[...]

Before you can enable Trusted Platform Module (TPM) from firmware (UEFI now), you must make sure the following combinations are in use:
1. Supported processor: Intel 8th generation Core (Core 8000), AMD Zen + (Ryzen 2000 series).
2. Firmware is set to UEFI.
As noted in the blog post I linked, Microsoft may change processor requirement as time progresses.
Provided that you do meet the above combination, you need some help when accessing firmware settings, as Narrator (nor any screen reader) can run from the firmware environment. The way you toggle TPM from firmware (provided the firmware does provide such an option) depends on where you got the system, as different motherboard vendors and computer OEM's use different firmware implementations (although folks have standardized around UEFI< option names for TPM is different, made more complicated as recent Intel and AMD processors and motherboards support it includes firmware-level TPM).

clarifications on system requirements from Microsoft, forum rename
proposal update #Win11 #InsiderBuilds

[...]

Don't click on PC Health Check app link until it is back online (likely late summer at the earliest) because it will take some time for Microsoft to analyze data coming from millions of Insiders. I myself am testing build 22000 on a virtual machine with a Haswell processor, and brief tests done on another machine shows interesting results (more on that on a separate thread).

[...]

Lino Morales

Danial. They pulled the app today until the fall.

On 6/28/2021 3:58 PM, Daniel MacDonald wrote:
[...]

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Sure, I am looking forward to your insights on the matter. How wer you able to install on a haswald machine with virtual machine. can you explain the process. would be interested in that process.

[...]

Thast good to know. hoping that the processor requirements are a bbit relaxed in the windows 11 development cycle. If the other requirements are met , then the processor requirement should not be the sticckign point from receiving windows 11. As I have two machines which meet all the other requirements except for the processor requirement. If tha ws relaxed then then the two machine could be installing windows 11 when time comes. I think if that does not work. Iam sure there will be other geeky work arounds to get windows 11 working when its in the final and stable stages of release.

[...]

TPM and processor requirements were waved for build 22000, according to one of the posts I linked. Also, one must have been using Insider dev channel builds prior to June 24, 2021 (my case).
In order to test Insider Preview builds on a virtual machine, the virtual machine to be tested hosted inside a hypervisor (Hyper-V, VMware, etc.) must be configured as follows:
* Firmware: UEFI
* UEFI Secure Boot: yes
* Virtual Trusted Platform Module: yes
* RAM: at least 4 GB
* Virtual disk: at least 64 GB (mine is set to 128 GB)
On VMware, before virtual TPM can be added, the virtual machine must be encrypted with a password you can easily remember. Only then will it let you add virtual TPM hardware. Also, if you do remove TPM later, data inside the virtual machine might be lost.

[...]

Please windows insider pleas make it easier to get windows 11 for older pc's . also pressure Microsoft to be a bit relax on all the requirements for windows 11. Have two pcs that meet all the other requirements but due to the processor requirements that is whhy I cant participate in the windows 11 insider channel.

[...]

Joe, please pressure mcirsoft through hteh inside channel to relax the requirements for hardware requirements for windows 11 installs when in final and stable release. If most cant get it through hthe actual means, ther will be tother measn ot get it when the time comes. Just saying if you guys can pressure Microsoft through hthe insider program to relax the hardware requiremetns ot get windows 1 on to most pc's .

[...]

I see. At the moment I'm working on teaching NVDA to work better with this build (through an add-on of mine), details which I will communicate on NvDA users list - suffice to say that not everyone should be using Insider Preview builds at this time until Microsoft improves some things.

[...]

What happens if you wer in the insider program, but left for different reasons prior to that June 24 date.what would you have to do to get back in and then to be able to use windows 11 without having to worry about the hardware requirements.

[...]

I bet the computer will be seen as a "new PC" with new requirements applied, although I expect that won't be the case for most Insiders.

[...]

Joe, please do let us all know on what we do need to make it cclear that all d owanto have aacces ot window 11 no matter hardware rerequirements.hoping aht einsiders can presusr Microsoft o change those requiremetns.if pc's are ableto run windwos 10 and have all the rrrequirements they should beable ot run windows 11.

[...]

David Moore

I am on dev channel! I will report findings tomorrow!

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, 3:06 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

[...]

Joe, I was ablet oget my hp all in one pc installed wit hwindows 11 insider build. Th screenreadre hat I had on board of windows 10 21h1 work as expect on windows 11 insider build. This my test machine. I have tested windows 10 before on theis pc. This pc does have lall the other requiremetns. This pc di not have anyissues during eh insall process of windows 11. It was s surprising to me how well it installed. Iwas expecting to have hick up along the way which was not the case at all. Everything worked no driver issues or anything like that at all.

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

I did the same thing. I have installed the windows 11 developer build as  well. I have not  had any issues as far as downloading, installing the build. All went well. No hick ups along the way . Expected to have some,  as  I did when I last tested windows 10 insider builds.  But this one went really well no driver issues or anything like that  .no conflicts with any of the screen readers that I had on board from  windows 10, an old copy of Window eyes, narrator, and jaws 2020 and 2021 on board.