locked Forum rename proposal #poll-notice

Edited

Since its opening in October 2015, the Win10 Forum for screen Reader Users serves as a central discussion forum for Windows 10 ecosystem usage with screen readers. With the introduction of Windows 11 in 2021, it is becoming clear that the scope of this forum, together with Insiders subgroup, must include Windows 11 as well. Therefore it is proposed that the forum be renamed to reflect this change.

The overall purpose of this forum is to serve as a discussion forum for modern Windows ecosystem usage with screen readers. Here, "modern Windows" refers to Windows 10 and later, including Windows 11. Ecosystem refers to devices powered by different editions (PC, server, Xbox, HoloLense, and other possibilities), along with apps. Because this forum discusses Windows ecosystem and screen readers, it is screen reader agnostic and topics on latest developments on Windows ecosystem is allowed.

Please choose a name for this forum that you think best describes the overall purpose and direction of this forum for years to come.

Thank you for voting.

Edited

Hello everyone,

The forum rename poll will officially open on July 6, 2021 at 00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on July 5, 8 PM Eastern, please consult your time zone) and will close on July 12, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern, consult your time zone). You can vote in one of two ways:

  1. Select “vote now” link which will direct you to Groups.IO web interface.
  2. Send your answer as an email to win10+owner@win10.groups.io. The email method should be used if you wish to provide a name different than the choices given.

Please vote using one of these methods. Once the poll closes, the new name will be announced on July 13, 2021, with the changes taking place in the course of a week or so. The old (Win10) and the new name will coexist until the release of Windows 11 to the general public, at which point the old name will become an alias of the new forum name.

Thank you.

[...]

1. Windows with Screen Readers
2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Gerardo Corripio

I didn’t realize about the opening of the voting until 7 my time. Wht happens if I cast my vote a few minutes ago, at 3:15 or so in the afternoon?

Gera

El 5 jul 2021, a la(s) 12:49 p.m., Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> escribió:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Another typo fix]

[...]

Tom K

Hi Joseph, when I saw this message I went out and voted.  Then I saw a later  message that said voting started tomorrow. Do I still have to go back out and vote again?

Thanks, Tom K.