locked Forum rename proposal #poll-notice

Edited

Since its opening in October 2015, the Win10 Forum for screen Reader Users serves as a central discussion forum for Windows 10 ecosystem usage with screen readers. With the introduction of Windows 11 in 2021, it is becoming clear that the scope of this forum, together with Insiders subgroup, must include Windows 11 as well. Therefore it is proposed that the forum be renamed to reflect this change.

The overall purpose of this forum is to serve as a discussion forum for modern Windows ecosystem usage with screen readers. Here, "modern Windows" refers to Windows 10 and later, including Windows 11. Ecosystem refers to devices powered by different editions (PC, server, Xbox, HoloLense, and other possibilities), along with apps. Because this forum discusses Windows ecosystem and screen readers, it is screen reader agnostic and topics on latest developments on Windows ecosystem is allowed.

Please choose a name for this forum that you think best describes the overall purpose and direction of this forum for years to come.

Thank you for voting.

Edited

Hello everyone,

The forum rename poll will officially open on July 6, 2021 at 00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on July 5, 8 PM Eastern, please consult your time zone) and will close on July 12, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern, consult your time zone). You can vote in one of two ways:

1. Select “vote now” link which will direct you to Groups.IO web interface.
  2. Send your answer as an email to win10+owner@win10.groups.io. The email method should be used if you wish to provide a name different than the choices given.

Please vote using one of these methods. Once the poll closes, the new name will be announced on July 13, 2021, with the changes taking place in the course of a week or so. The old (Win10) and the new name will coexist until the release of Windows 11 to the general public, at which point the old name will become an alias of the new forum name.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 10:38 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Forum rename proposal #poll-notice

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

Since its opening in October 2015, the Win10 Forum for screen Reader Users serves as a central discussion forum for Windows 10 ecosystem usage with screen readers. With the introduction of Windows 11 in 2021, it is becoming clear that the scope of this forum, together with Insiders subgroup, must include Windows 11 as well. Therefore it is proposed that the forum be renamed to reflect this change.

The overall purpose of this forum is to serve as a discussion forum for modern Windows ecosystem usage with screen readers. Here, "modern Windows" refers to Windows 10 and later, including Windows 11. Ecosystem refers to devices powered by different editions (PC, server, Xbox, HoloLense, and other possibilities), along with apps. Because this forum discusses Windows ecosystem and screen readers, it is screen reader agnostic and topics on latest developments on Windows ecosystem is allowed.

Please choose a name for this forum that you think best describes the overall purpose and direction of this forum for years to come.

1. Windows with Screen Readers
2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls only through the group's website.

Gerardo Corripio

I didn’t realize about the opening of the voting until 7 my time. Wht happens if I cast my vote a few minutes ago, at 3:15 or so in the afternoon?

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel

El 5 jul 2021, a la(s) 12:49 p.m., Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> escribió:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Another typo fix]

Hello everyone,

The forum rename poll will officially open on July 6, 2021 at 00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on July 5, 8 PM Eastern, please consult your time zone) and will close on July 12, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern, consult your time zone). You can vote in one of two ways:

2. Send your answer as an email to win10+owner@win10.groups.io. The email method should be used if you wish to provide a name different than the choices given.

Please vote using one of these methods. Once the poll closes, the new name will be announced on July 13, 2021, with the changes taking place in the course of a week or so. The old (Win10) and the new name will coexist until the release of Windows 11 to the general public, at which point the old name will become an alias of the new forum name.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via groups.io

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls only through the group's website.

Tom K

Hi Joseph, when I saw this message I went out and voted.  Then I saw a later  message that said voting started tomorrow. Do I still have to go back out and vote again? 

Thanks, Tom K.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 1:36 PM

A new poll has been created:

The overall purpose of this forum is to serve as a discussion forum for modern Windows ecosystem usage with screen readers. Here, "modern Windows" refers to Windows 10 and later, including Windows 11. Ecosystem refers to devices powered by different editions (PC, server, Xbox, HoloLense, and other possibilities), along with apps. Because this forum discusses Windows ecosystem and screen readers, it is screen read agnostic and latest developments on Windows ecosystem is allowed.

Please choose a name for this forum that you think best describes the overlal purpose and direction of this forum for years to come.

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

If you have voted, you don’t have to vote again.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom K via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] Forum rename proposal #poll-notice

Hi Joseph, when I saw this message I went out and voted.  Then I saw a later  message that said voting started tomorrow. Do I still have to go back out and vote again? 

Thanks, Tom K.

The overall purpose of this forum is to serve as a discussion forum for modern Windows ecosystem usage with screen readers. Here, "modern Windows" refers to Windows 10 and later, including Windows 11. Ecosystem refers to devices powered by different editions (PC, server, Xbox, HoloLense, and other possibilities), along with apps. Because this forum discusses Windows ecosystem and screen readers, it is screen read agnostic and latest developments on Windows ecosystem is allowed.

Please choose a name for this forum that you think best describes the overlal purpose and direction of this forum for years to come.

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

If you have already voted, you don’t have to vote again.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio

I didn’t realize about the opening of the voting until 7 my time. Wht happens if I cast my vote a few minutes ago, at 3:15 or so in the afternoon?

Gera

Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel

El 5 jul 2021, a la(s) 12:49 p.m., Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> escribió:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Annette Moore

tom, don't feel bad, I did the same thing. Oops! LOL!

Annette

On 7/5/2021 1:27 PM, Tom K via groups.io wrote:

Thanks, Tom K.

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

Early votes will be included in the final tally next week. Also, I would like to encourage everyone to respond to the poll, as the forum will be known by the new name for years to come.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 2:47 PM

tom, don't feel bad, I did the same thing. Oops! LOL!

Annette

On 7/5/2021 1:27 PM, Tom K via groups.io wrote:

Thanks, Tom K.

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Louise Pfau

I thought I’d read in an earlier thread that early votes weren’t going to be accepted.  If I’m wrong about that, I’m sorry.

Louise

Hi,

That applied to early votes prior to the opening of the poll. Now that the poll is open and active (not officially until 5 PM Pacific, but folks can vote early), it is okay to cast your vote and results will be recorded.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 3:02 PM

I thought I’d read in an earlier thread that early votes weren’t going to be accepted.  If I’m wrong about that, I’m sorry.

Louise

Mr. Ed

Hi Joseph,

Well I clicked on the vote now link after the time your email stated. When going to the site after clicking on the vote now link I cannot figure out where to vote. Please give step by step instructions.

Mr. Ed

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2021 12:46 PM

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

If you do have a Groups.IO web account, after selecting “vote now” link, sign into Groups.IO, then return to the poll and select an optional from the group of radio buttons. Alternatively, after reading poll choices, email the forum owner at win10+owner@win10,groups.io with your choice as exactly as written.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 5:57 PM

Hi Joseph,

Well I clicked on the vote now link after the time your email stated. When going to the site after clicking on the vote now link I cannot figure out where to vote. Please give step by step instructions.

Mr. Ed

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Mr. Ed

I did sign in but I do not know what you are talking about after I sign in. I am an old fart and I did sign and an look around but I do not see any place to vote.

Mr. Ed

Sent: Monday, July 05, 2021 7:59 PM

Hi,

If you do have a Groups.IO web account, after selecting “vote now” link, sign into Groups.IO, then return to the poll and select an optional from the group of radio buttons. Alternatively, after reading poll choices, email the forum owner at win10+owner@win10,groups.io with your choice as exactly as written.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Mr. Ed

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

I see, send your vote to the owner address and it will be counted.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 6:01 PM

I did sign in but I do not know what you are talking about after I sign in. I am an old fart and I did sign and an look around but I do not see any place to vote.

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Mr. Ed

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Kurt Miller

Joseph,
I tried to send my vote to the owners email that you provided and it came back that the recipient email did not exist. What should I do in this instance?

Thanks,
Kurt 

On Jul 5, 2021, at 9:02 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Mr. Ed

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi,

Try: win10+owner@win10.groups.io

If that doesn’t work, send your vote to my personal (Gmail) account and I’ll forward it to the owner address for safekeeping.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kurt Miller
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 7:06 PM

Joseph,

I tried to send my vote to the owners email that you provided and it came back that the recipient email did not exist. What should I do in this instance?

Thanks,

Kurt 

On Jul 5, 2021, at 9:02 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Mr. Ed

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

matthew dyer

Hi,

Thanks for this.  I cast my voat.  Thanks.

Matthew

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 1:38 PM

[Edited Message Follows]

A poll has been updated:

2. Windows Access
3. Windows Accessibility
4. None of the above

Vote Now

Hi all,

Last chance: this poll will close on July 12, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere), which is slightly more than 24 hours from this post. To folks who have voted (web interface or email), thank you. To those you haven't, feel free to vote via web (if you have a Groups.IO account) or email (send your response to win10+owner@win10.groups.io). once the poll closes, results will be announced shortly after.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi folks,

And with that, forum rename proposal poll is now closed. Thank you everyone for participating. Results will be announced shortly.

Cheers,

Joseph