From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 10:53 AM
To: Winaccess <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io>
Subject: [winaccess] A bit of a scary one!

This morning when I turned on my computer it didn't boot completely to the desktop as it should but instead came up with a lock screen and a sign in button. I had no idea what to do with this as I've never set up a password or anything as I'm the only one who uses this computer. The only thing I could think of was just to turn it off and try again.
Fortunately, it came up normally this time! So what I'm wondering about is what caused this, and second is there anyway to dismiss a lock screen that I didn't invoke without doing it by brute force and turning it off and on again?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Roger

Richard Kuzma

Had the same thing on one of mine here and I think it was due to an update.