Copied cells in Microsoft Excel 2007 are intermittently read as "blank" during editting

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I was taught when working with an Excel spreadsheet that has multiple formuli in a row of data (like a bankbook) to create a new data entry by copying and pasting the data from the previous row then editting the cells for the new entry as necessary.  I’ve noticed recently that both JAWS 16 and NVDA 2021.2 intermittently read the cells as “blank” when I press F2, followed by CONTROL+HOME to get to the top of the text, and the ARROW KEYS to edit them.  I can’t isolate the trigger to replicate the issue precisely because it is intermittent.  I shut down my computer every night, so it hasn’t been on for a long period of time.  I also restart frequently rather than shutting down because I’ve got fast startup enabled.  I know that has come up as the cause of some unusual issues on the list.  I found that when I disabled it, JAWS wouldn’t start at the sign-in screen.  Has anyone else come across something like this with Excel?

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

I noticed that someone changed the subject line, so it ended up creating a new thread.  In response to a message in the new thread, I wasn’t trying to edit the cells with the formuli, but the ones with the descriptive material.  I hope this problem with Excel hasn’t been covered before on the list.

Louise