if you are planning to buy or have recently purchased a dell laptop be aware

hi all.
i dont know how many of you know this.
dell has started using a different audio card the driver is not built
in to the windows 11 iso.
i purchased a dell vostro 3400 2021 edition.
i always like to install windows clean on my new laptop as dell's
windows has a lot of programs which can be removed but i like it to
have a clean windows.
so i burned windows 11 on a pendrive and goot the laptop to boot into
windows 11 using the f12 boot menu.
my horror, narrator would start but there was no sound.
so i had sighted help to install windows 11, and when we went to the
dell website we came to know it uses
a serios logics soundcard
and windows 11 iso doesnt have the driver built in.
so next time we take a dell laptop we need to check which sound card it uses.
this is the first time i have seen such a thing.
as of now, i am only sharing this email with this list, if you want
you may share it with others.

--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com

Bill White

Hi, Austin. From where did you obtain the iso of Windows? Sometimes, a manufacturer will have a slightly different version of Windows from the generally released operating system from Microsoft. If Dell recommends that you use their configuration of Windows on your system, it is not Dell's fault, but yours for not following the manufacturer's recommendation. Not only sound drivers are affected by differences in operating systems released by manufacturers, but sometimes, keyboard drivers and video drivers as well.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Nimer Jaber

This is not a new thing, that an OS doesn't have drivers for a particular model, especially a newer model. And, as you've said, Dell isn't the manufacturer of the sound card.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:03 PM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:
[...]

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

And I believe you can solve this by plugging in a USB headset or soundcard for the installation so you can use Narrator.

[...]

udit pandey

first of all congratulations respected Nimer sir,
and sad moment that our josef sir has left us
but I and this group thinks that you will be respectfull with others and help us as much you can
so sir welcome in our family!
now, my question is that that same thing will happen on dells vostro 3500 which I have purchased 2 months before?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 at 10:53, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

i have got the iso from microsoft.
dell doesnt provide any iso for windows 11 to do a clean install.
everytime i used to get or use the isos that i got from microsoft for
windows 10 and 11 it used to work as the laptop used a realtech sound
card, this 1 was different.
yes, i know i can use a usb headset or sound card and install, i just
wanted to say this for the people who dont have any usb audio devices.
and udit if your laptop uses a realtech sound card this will not
happen you can get an iso from microsoft and burn it to a pendrive
using rufus and boot from it and format and you will have sound.

austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

[...]

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Thank you, and have a great day!

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never
lisson bad

--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com
You may follow us on twitter using our handle:
@BlindDroidUsers
https://twitter.com/@BlindDroidUsers
We do have a Telegram group that you can join and share stories or
whatever with our members at:
https://t.me/ANATAD

udit pandey

how to check it?

--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com
You may follow us on twitter using our handle:
@BlindDroidUsers
https://twitter.com/@BlindDroidUsers
We do have a Telegram group that you can join and share stories or
whatever with our members at:
https://t.me/ANATAD

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

hi udit there are 2 ways.
1 go to device manager.
expand the audio and see what it says if it says realtech then you are safe.
or.
go to
support.dell.com
enter the service tag of your laptop.
click on drivers and diagnostics.
click on let me find a driver.
and see if it says anything to do with audio.
if it says realtech high defination you are safe.

austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

[...]

tim

Just ask your dell sales rep what it has in the box. They will tell you what there data sheets have for the computer you want.

--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com
You may follow us on twitter using our handle:
@BlindDroidUsers
https://twitter.com/@BlindDroidUsers
We do have a Telegram group that you can join and share stories or
whatever with our members at:
https://t.me/ANATAD

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

udit pandey

it says both headphones and speakers realteck r audio

--
[...]

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

This is likely because of the Realtek chip shortage.  You can slipstream the audio drivers into the windows 11 boot media, and get audio at install. Given Sirris Logic is also what Apple uses on Macs, are they better than Realtek?

On 10/16/2021 7:02 AM, Austin Pinto wrote:
[...]

i didnt find much difference. however there is no echo sound after
connecting headphones.

On 10/16/21, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:
[...]

That is great, I assume there is no sleep of audio card after inactivity too.  Can you turn off the enhancements as usual too?

On 10/16/2021 5:53 PM, Austin Pinto wrote:
[...]

Jason White

Having USB headphones would be a good idea. I assume (but haven't checked) that the USB audio driver is in the Windows installation image.

[...]

valiant8086

Hi.

This might be a good thing in the long run. Ideally, you could have plugged in a USB audio class device to get sound during the whole process. But the reason I kind of like this is, I assume this means you don't have to fight with waves max, and that's a win any day. Waves Max is the main reason I've been politely recommending that blind people don't buy dell machines. Perhaps Dell smelled the roses.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, AKA Valiant8086 General Partner at Valiant Galaxy Associates "we make (VERY GOOD AUDIOGAMES) for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com