A Question About Selective Suspend

Lynne Moore

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is having a good morning. I have a Dell laptop runningWindows 10 Home, 16 GB of RAM, Version 21H1, build 19043.1348 with a 64-bit operating system. I wondered if anyone could give me specific instructions on how to enable/disable Selective Suspend. Thanks for any help.
Lynne Moore

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

You can do this by going to control panel, going to power plan settings, and find the advanced settings. there should be settings for USB there, if your computer supports and shows that. That is where that should be.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Lynne Moore

Hi,
I had researched this on line and I was told the same thing, but I don’t see any USB settings there.  The problem I am having is that I have a USB drive that shuts off about every 10 or 15 seconds.  Is there any other work around for this?  Thank you so much for your help.
Lynne Moore

On Jan 8, 2022, at 4:23 AM, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:

[...]

You could try going to device manager, expanding your USB controllers, then finding anything labeled root hub. Right-click (applications key or shift+f10), and visit properties. Under properties, there should be a power management tab. Going there should yield a checkbox to allow Windows to turn off that device. Uncheck it, and hopefully your issue will be solved.

Thanks.

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 1:28 AM Lynne Moore <lynne57moore@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much.  I appreciate your help.
Lynne Moore