Accessing Windows 11 optional updates through Windows 11 Settings

Leo

Hello everyone,

I’ve been told by another Windows 11 user that in the current Windows 11 Build, although not restricted to this specific build, screen reader users cannot access the optional updates offered by Windows 11. Is this true? Is this a general issue experienced by screen reader users in Windows 11?  In my personal case, for some reason, when I hit additional updates, the optional updates button, sometimes the dialogue seems to close unexpectedly while at other times it doesn’t, and works as expected. However, when I type optional updates in the Windows main menu, I can access optional updates with no problems.

Best,

     Leo Bado.