Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2022 7:07 PM
Subject: [WinAccess] Can I get into windows on start up

I am not sure exactly what happen but when I started the computer all it shows is the Dell computer name. The computer will not go to windows. I really wish now I had created some type of windows recovery windows file and stored it on a thumb drive. If I can get sighted help what should I have them try to fix the issue before I I'm forced to visit a computer store. Well at least for now I have a  phone    I can write this email.

Mária Orovčíková

Hello,
if you use Iphone and have Envision or Seeing AI installed, try to read the laptop screen to see what's wrong.
Those apps helped me many times.
Maria

Dňa 8. 8. 2022 o 4:07 leonard morris napísal(a):

I am not sure exactly what happen but when I started the computer all it shows is the Dell computer name. The computer will not go to windows. I really wish now I had created some type of windows recovery windows file and stored it on a thumb drive. If I can get sighted help what should I have them try to fix the issue before I I'm forced to visit a computer store. Well at least for now I have a  phone    I can write this email.

molly the blind tech lover

Hi. I think I am experiencing a similar problem. I did a bios update
several weeks ago, and ever since the update my pc randomly gets stuck
on the manufacturer's logo after the startup sound plays. I have to
press the power button to get the pc working again. If it's a setting
in the bios that needs to be changed the only way to access the bios
is with sighted assistance, depending on how much useable vision, if
at all, one has.

On 8/7/22, leonard morris <lmorris1953@...> wrote:
I am not sure exactly what happen but when I started the computer all it
shows is the Dell computer name. The computer will not go to windows. I
really wish now I had created some type of windows recovery windows file and
stored it on a thumb drive. If I can get sighted help what should I have
them try to fix the issue before I I'm forced to visit a computer store.
Well at least for now I have a phone I can write this email.

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

valiant8086

Try powering the computer off by pressing its power button briefly. If it does not power off at the exact point at which you pressed in the power button then the OS is running at least somewhat. If it does, then it hasn't started to load anything, as you have already mostly figured out.

You may be able to enter windows recovery by powering it off and on 3 times in a row. If it doesn't shut off with the brief press hold it for the full 8 seconds. Then wait about 10 more seconds, the timing isn't real important on this step and then briefly press to power on again. The third time you do this it might come up in recovery environment and you can start Narrator for speech. You may want to press the continue button in the recovery environment to let it try to boot again. If it still fails then do the 3 power cycles thing again to get back into it. It has a few options that might help. I believe there's even a startup repair.

What I don't get though is why it's a Windows problem if it's still on the Dell logo. I believe it should have switched to a Windows logo if the OS is going at all yet. If that's the case, then startup recovery might not help, we maybe aren't getting that far.

Have you tried letting it sit there for  like over night or something?

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, AKA Valiant8086 General Partner at Valiant Galaxy Associates "we make (VERY GOOD AUDIOGAMES) for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com