contacts with outlook mobile

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I am using the latest win 10 nvda and Microsoft 365.  I have all the office apps on my phone and was wondering if there is any way to use my contacts from my pc to my phone?

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

Cher

You don’t even need to have Office 365 on the phone. Just install the iCloud control panel, then tick the box for contacts. All your Outlook contacts stored on the PC will now reside in an Outlook folder called iCloud. Within this, there is a Contacts folder which will list all your contacts. From now on, any contact you add to Outlook’s>iCloud>contacts will immediately sync with your phone. Just close (Don’t sign out) of iCloud control panel or your synced contacts will disappear

Cher

I am using the latest win 10 nvda and Microsoft 365.  I have all the office apps on my phone and was wondering if there is any way to use my contacts from my pc to my phone?

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

Gary Metzler

Hi Cher,

Thanks for your response.  I use an android phone.

You don’t even need to have Office 365 on the phone. Just install the iCloud control panel, then tick the box for contacts. All your Outlook contacts stored on the PC will now reside in an Outlook folder called iCloud. Within this, there is a Contacts folder which will list all your contacts. From now on, any contact you add to Outlook’s>iCloud>contacts will immediately sync with your phone. Just close (Don’t sign out) of iCloud control panel or your synced contacts will disappear

Cher

I am using the latest win 10 nvda and Microsoft 365.  I have all the office apps on my phone and was wondering if there is any way to use my contacts from my pc to my phone?

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

Hi Gary,

You mauy of course not want to change your email address, but if you were to sign up for an Outlook.com email address and set it up on your PC and Android phone all your contacts would automatically sync as Outlook.com uses the Exchange Active Sync protocol. In my opinion this is an easier and more user friendly protocol than IMAP because everything syncs pretty seamlessly, emails, calendars, contacts, Notes in Outlook etc. I also find that switching to an Outlook.com or, for that matter gmail.com email if you prefer Google/IMAP is a good thing in the long run because you never have to worry about changing your email again should you decide to change your internet service provider. If you at some point find it benefitial to move away from Comcast then your Comcast email I assume would no longer be yours to use, but if you already have an Outlook.com or gmail.com email this makes no difference. If I get a new computer or iPhone I don't even worry about my emails and contacts or backing them up, I simply set up a new account, enter my Outlook.com email and password and after a little while when everything has synced everything is there just as it was on my old device; no installing iCloud Control Panel or anything like that.

Thanks for your response.  I use an android phone.

You don’t even need to have Office 365 on the phone. Just install the iCloud control panel, then tick the box for contacts. All your Outlook contacts stored on the PC will now reside in an Outlook folder called iCloud. Within this, there is a Contacts folder which will list all your contacts. From now on, any contact you add to Outlook’s>iCloud>contacts will immediately sync with your phone. Just close (Don’t sign out) of iCloud control panel or your synced contacts will disappear

Cher

I am using the latest win 10 nvda and Microsoft 365.  I have all the office apps on my phone and was wondering if there is any way to use my contacts from my pc to my phone?

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

Gary Metzler

Thanks for your suggestions.  I’m probably going to leave things the way they are.