From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2022 1:20 PM
To: winaccess@groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] Disabling Secure Boot?

Hi all. Wanting to disable secure boot on my Del xps8940 so I can experience with Synchronous Audio Router and some advanced audio setups. Last I checked, narrator wouldn’t work in the boot menu, so we need sighted help doing this. Is this still the case on the latest version of Windows 10? Sighted help is a little difficult to come by at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Clement

Jason White

Modifying the secure boot setting shouldn't be necessary for audio work.
If you want to install a version of Linux that runs a boot loader not signed by Microsoft, then you have a good reason to deactivate Secure Boot.

Hi all. Wanting to disable secure boot on my Del xps8940 so I can experience with Synchronous Audio Router and some advanced audio setups. Last I checked, narrator wouldn’t work in the boot menu, so we need sighted help doing this. Is this still the case on the latest version of Windows 10? Sighted help is a little difficult to come by at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Clement

Clement Chou

The githhub for SAR says that secure boot is not supported.