From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io [mailto:winaccess@winaccess.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 6:07 PM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] Does Wordpad open .docx files?

Hi. Having a problem. JAWS nor NVDA can read a .docx file I've just received. I don't have Office so I can't use Word. Is this a Wordpad issue perhaps? When I hit the up or down arrow I hear blank. Doesn't tell me much. Thwnks.

Richard Kuzma

Looks like word pad does not open .docx files.
I tried it here and I am not given wordpad as a choice to open it.

Hi. Having a problem. JAWS nor NVDA can read a .docx file I've just received. I don't have Office so I can't use Word. Is this a Wordpad issue perhaps? When I hit the up or down arrow I hear blank. Doesn't tell me much. Thwnks.

Lino Morales

Wow strange cause it opened in Wordpad, but I see no text or should I say JAWS nor NVDA does.