edge blocking downloads

Don H

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such. I have turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

Mike B.

Hi Don,

Try the following and see if the steps below will getter done.
1. Press, Windows key + I, to open settings, tab 1 time into the categories and press enter on, Update and security.

2. Tab 1 time into the list, down arrow to, Windows Security, and press enter.

3. Tab 1 time to, open Windows Security button, and press spacebar or enter.

4. You're now in a list so, down arrow to, App & browser control, and press enter.

5. Press enter on, Reputation-based protection settingsLink.

6. Tab to, Potentially unwanted app blocking Button checked, and press the spacebar to uncheck / turn off this option.
You might want to tab through and read all the options to see if there might be something else you might want to turn on or off.
Note: You will get a message concerning  security so press enter on the, Dismiss link.  I hope I'm close enough in my steps to get you going.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such.  I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

No need for all that, it's not difficult to unblock a blocked download following the steps I outlined in my other email and this way all your protection stays in place and you choose when to bypass them.

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such.  I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

udit pandey

how to turn off the smart screen on edge

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit

Don H

If I hit the context key on the entry of the blocked download the only
choices are delete, keep, report as bad and copy link. There is no
download anyway

No need for all that, it's not difficult to unblock a blocked download
following the steps I outlined in my other email and this way all your
protection stays in place and you choose when to bypass them.

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such.  I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

Jim Weiss

Click the “keep” button.

On Oct 14, 2021, at 9:40 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

[...]

Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such. I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

tim

Try f6 next time blocked. Then you can arrow to choices.

On 10/14/2021 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
If I hit the context key on the entry of the blocked download the only
choices are delete, keep, report as bad and copy link.  There is no
download anyway

No need for all that, it's not difficult to unblock a blocked download
following the steps I outlined in my other email and this way all your
protection stays in place and you choose when to bypass them.

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such.  I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

Don H

I tried that and still no download

On 10/14/2021 8:57 AM, Jim Weiss via groups.io wrote:
Click the “keep” button.
On Oct 14, 2021, at 9:40 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

If I hit the context key on the entry of the blocked download the only
choices are delete, keep, report as bad and copy link. There is no
download anyway

No need for all that, it's not difficult to unblock a blocked download
following the steps I outlined in my other email and this way all your
protection stays in place and you choose when to bypass them.

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such. I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

Bill White

Hi, Don. That's why you need to bring up the download manager with CONTROL plus J. When you find your download, sometimes there are two buttons. You need to press the "keep" button. Once you do that, there is a second button called "keep anyway". If you press that, the download will start. I'll write you privately, and if you want to call me, I'll walk you through it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Running latest version of Win 10 and using MS edge as my browser.
Edge is blocking the downloads such as thunderbird and such. I have
turned off smart screen and still get a warning message when attempting
a download and don't see a way of telling edge that the download is OK.

You select Keep and then in the next step you can download it.