how do I get shown the current outdoor temp in the notification area in Win 10?

Hank William Merchant

Hello,

I currently have win10 21h1, I just double checked and right now I do not have the current temperature in my notification area.
How do I put the current temperature in my notification area or do I need to update my win10 to the latest version of win10 to have the current temperature in my notification area?

Any help with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this.

Kindest regards and Happy New Year!,

Win10 version 21h1 with jaws 2021 user Hank

Sent: Monday, January 3, 2022 11:43 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] Showing the current outdoor temp in notification area Win 11

Hi All,

How do I put the current temperature back in the notification area like it was in Win 10? When I switched to 11 there was no more icon showing whether it was sunny or cloudy and no temp.

So far 11 has worked rather well for me on this Dell all-in-one. I was very skeptical at first but since I had to finally just ride it out and let the upgrade happen, I figured it best to give it a real chance and it’s doing fine, so far.

BP

Bill White

Hi, Hank. To get the temperature in the notification area,

1. TAB to the task bar, or the Notification Chevron button.

2. Press the Application key, or SHIFT plus F10.

3. Arrow down to News and Interests, and press ENTER.

4. Press ENTER on Icon and Text.

5. Now the temperature should show up in your notification area.

If this doesn't work for you, and you want help, I'll write to you privately with my telephone number. If you would like me to help you, give me a call.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io [mailto:winaccess@winaccess.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] how do I get shown the current outdoor temp in the notification area in Win 10?

Hello,

I currently have win10 21h1, I just double checked and right now I do not have the current temperature in my notification area.

How do I put the current temperature in my notification area or do I need to update my win10 to the latest version of win10 to have the current temperature in my notification area?

Any help with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this.

Subject: [WinAccess] Showing the current outdoor temp in notification area Win 11

Hi All,

How do I put the current temperature back in the notification area like it was in Win 10? When I switched to 11 there was no more icon showing whether it was sunny or cloudy and no temp.

So far 11 has worked rather well for me on this Dell all-in-one. I was very skeptical at first but since I had to finally just ride it out and let the upgrade happen, I figured it best to give it a real chance and it’s doing fine, so far.

BP

Mike B.

Hey Bill,

Thanks for this!  I've been meaning to find this out, but just kept putting it off.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2022 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] how do I get shown the current outdoor temp in the notification area in Win 10?

Hi, Hank. To get the temperature in the notification area,

1. TAB to the task bar, or the Notification Chevron button.

2. Press the Application key, or SHIFT plus F10.

3. Arrow down to News and Interests, and press ENTER.

4. Press ENTER on Icon and Text.

5. Now the temperature should show up in your notification area.

If this doesn't work for you, and you want help, I'll write to you privately with my telephone number. If you would like me to help you, give me a call.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io [mailto:winaccess@winaccess.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:34 AM

Hello,

Hi All,

BP