Items and Features with NVDA and Windows 11

Dave Grossoehme

Hi:  I have a question for those people using Win11 in the items and features settings.  There use to be a setting to change as to what you want to download.  There were 3 or 4 options.  The 3 I'm sure of are from the Windows Store, or anything, or look for an item similar in the windows store.  I'm not finding anything like this.  It's like it has been removed, unless it has been hidden somewhere else.  It was the 3rd or 4th tab in Items and Features.

Dave

It is "Apps and Features" not "Items and Features".

You can get there in two ways:

1. Press Windows Key + I for settings, press tab once to get into the list of settings categories and arrow down once and right twice to "Apps", then press enter.
Press tab again to go from the edit search field to "Apps and Features", press tab one more time and Jaws will say the following:

Apps & features
Choose where to get apps
Installing apps only from Microsoft Store helps protect your device. Combo box
Anywhere

2. You can get directly to Apps and Features if you press Windows Key + X, the first item in that menu is "Apps and Features" and if you press enter it will take you straight to the " Choose where to get apps " dialogue.

Hi:  I have a question for those people using Win11 in the items and features settings.  There use to be a setting to change as to what you want to download.  There were 3 or 4 options.  The 3 I'm sure of are from the Windows Store, or anything, or look for an item similar in the windows store.  I'm not finding anything like this.  It's like it has been removed, unless it has been hidden somewhere else.  It was the 3rd or 4th tab in Items and Features.

Dave

Bill White

Hi, Sieghard. Dave was asking specifically about Windows 11. Is the "Choose where to get apps" item featured in Windows 11 as well as in Windows 10?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...