Microsoft 365 question

Mária Orovčíková

Hello list,
please, if I purchase Microsoft 365 personal, on how many devices can it be installed?
Thank you in advance.
Maria

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
you can install on up to five devices simultaneously.
Good luck.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 11:49 AM Mária Orovčíková <maria.orovcikova@...> wrote:
Hello list,
please, if I purchase Microsoft 365 personal, on how many devices can it be installed?
Thank you in advance.
Maria

Jim Weiss

You can install it on an unlimited number of devices, but you can only run it simultaneously on 5 devices. For example including virtual machines I have 11 installs of Office, but only 4 of those installs are always signed in and active, leaving me 1 more sign-in that I can use on my other virtual machines. I just need to make sure that I log out when I am done using it on my VM.
Worst case scenario is I get a message that I have reached my maximum number of signed in installations and I have to fire up that VM where I was last signed in and sign out.
HTH,
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 18, 2021, at 4:49 AM, Mária Orovčíková <maria.orovcikova@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello list,
please, if I purchase Microsoft 365 personal, on how many devices can it be installed?
Thank you in advance.
Maria

Where do I go to deactivate a machine.

[...]

There is no deactivation of Office 365, unlike Windows 10. Simply sign out of the software from within any of the Office apps if you have hit your 5 sign in limit.
For example; Open Word, press Alt+F, D,R and press tab until you find the option to sign out. That will sign out all apps on that PC/VM and will allow you to sign in on another installation.
Like I said, you can install the software an unlimited amount of times, but only have 5 signed in instances.

Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 18, 2021, at 7:43 AM, Capelle, Michael C. <m.capelle@charter.net> wrote:

[...]

Thanks guys for your help.
I have another question regarding price.
On official microsoft websites, they ask about €69 for one year subscription.
However, I have seen some websites (authorised local computer sellers) selling Microsoft 365 for much lower price (about €30 per year).
Do you know why prices are so much different in various stores?
Thanks.
Maria

Dňa 18. 7. 2021 o 15:05 Jim Weiss via groups.io napísal(a):

[...]

Kevin

They are authorized to sell it, but Microsoft does not provide support for it.  I bought a outlook 2019 from an outlet dealer and when I needed support I had to contact the specific vender

email is golden!!!

Kevin Lee

I have another question regarding price.

On official microsoft websites, they ask about €69 for one year

subscription.

However, I have seen some websites (authorised local computer sellers)

selling Microsoft 365 for much lower price (about €30 per year).

Do you know why prices are so much different in various stores?

Thanks.

Maria

Dňa 18. 7. 2021 o 15:05 Jim Weiss via groups.io napísal(a):

> There is no deactivation of Office 365, unlike Windows 10.  Simply sign out of the software from within any of the Office apps if you have hit your 5 sign in limit.

> For example; Open Word, press Alt+F, D,R and press tab until you find the option to sign out.  That will sign out all apps on that PC/VM and will allow you to sign in on another installation.

> Like I said, you can install the software an unlimited amount of times, but only have 5 signed in instances.

> Jim Weiss

> jimweiss72@...

>> On Jul 18, 2021, at 7:43 AM, Capelle, Michael C. <m.capelle@...> wrote:

>> Where do I go to deactivate a machine.

>>> Maria

A Google search for "How many devices can Microsoft 365 be installed on", gave this information:

Featured snippet from the web
five devices
With Microsoft 365, you can install Office on all your devices and sign in to Office on five devices at the same time. This includes any combination of PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones.

Best regards,
Sieghard

please, if I purchase Microsoft 365 personal, on how many devices can it be installed?
Thank you in advance.
Maria

Marie

To be safe, just go to the Microsoft website and check for yourself. I do not believe the personal version allows you to use five machine, but I could be mistaken

[...]

If you go to the Microsoft 365/sharing site, you will find a list of the machines you currently use. You can take one or several off by signing out of them. I just did this, so I know it works.

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

No it does not. I think it's only 1 machine. I could be wrong though. I'm going off of memory here.

[...]

Even the personal version allows you to use 5 devices, but you are limited to one user whereas with the Family or Home subscription I think 5 or maybe now even 6 people can also use the Office suite on up to 5 devices each and each of the 5 people gets 1 Tb of OneDrive storage.

[...]

enes sarıbaş

It is 5 phones, 5 tablets and 5 pcs, for a total of 15.

On 7/18/2021 12:54 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
[...]

That is not correct, it is a total of 5 devices so that could be 3 PC's, 1 phone and 1 tablet or any other combination, but the only way you can convince me it is a total of 15 devices would be to provide a link which clearly states this.

[...]

sure I'll provide this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-sign-in-works-in-microsoft-365-1d646e83-1585-4278-8daf-d4a2cc0905e0#ID0EABAAA=signinorgid

But since I have office 365 pro plus, it is 15 devices for me. Home appears different.