From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: October 13, 2021 7:57 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] new laptop setup

Will soon be getting a new HP Envy 13.3 laptop running win 11 with a intel I5processor 8 Gig of Ram and a 256 ssd. Someone indicated that this laptop may have a sound card that goes asleep when not in use thus maybe causing issues with a screen reader. I think there was some discussion on sound cards sleeping and maybe a solution to prevent this but at that time I did not follow the thread. So is there a solution to this kind of issue? Running NVDA 2021.2

Don H

I did a google search for Silencio. and got nothing related to computers. Came up with some kind of movie reviews.

On 10/13/2021 9:07 AM, Monte Single wrote:
There is a little program called Silencio. I think it is now version 2.0
Just do a search for
"download silencio"
I just set up a new hp desktop.
WWith all the preliminary crap you have to wade through, from hp and windows, be prepared to practice your patience .
Will soon be getting a new HP Envy 13.3 laptop running win 11 with a intel I5processor 8 Gig of Ram and a 256 ssd. Someone indicated that this laptop may have a sound card that goes asleep when not in use thus maybe causing issues with a screen reader. I think there was some discussion on sound cards sleeping and maybe a solution to prevent this but at that time I did not follow the thread. So is there a solution to this kind of issue? Running NVDA 2021.2

Jim Weiss

Assuming that you are using a newer version of JAWS you don’t need to download any additional software. Press JAWS key + 6 on the number row and then press control+shift+D to change to the default profile. Search for either “avoid” or “blue” and you will find a setting. I searched for “blue” and it was the first setting out of two. When this option is selected JAWS will continue to play sound to the speaker that you are not able to hear but it keeps the sound card awake.
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Oct 13, 2021, at 10:07 AM, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:

There is a little program called Silencio. I think it is now version 2.0

Just do a search for
"download silencio"

I just set up a new hp desktop.

WWith all the preliminary crap you have to wade through, from hp and windows, be prepared to practice your patience .

Will soon be getting a new HP Envy 13.3 laptop running win 11 with a intel I5processor 8 Gig of Ram and a 256 ssd. Someone indicated that this laptop may have a sound card that goes asleep when not in use thus maybe causing issues with a screen reader. I think there was some discussion on sound cards sleeping and maybe a solution to prevent this but at that time I did not follow the thread. So is there a solution to this kind of issue? Running NVDA 2021.2

Monte Single

Hi Don,

Here is a dropbox link for Silencio;
Just click on the link and the 2 mg download should start automaticly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9r7uloxbcp7ima/Silenzio_2.1_setup.exe?dl=1

Will soon be getting a new HP Envy 13.3 laptop running win 11 with a intel I5processor 8 Gig of Ram and a 256 ssd. Someone indicated that this laptop may have a sound card that goes asleep when not in use thus maybe causing issues with a screen reader. I think there was some discussion on sound cards sleeping and maybe a solution to prevent this but at that time I did not follow the thread. So is there a solution to this kind of issue? Running NVDA 2021.2

Don H

When I click on the link you provide my system blocks the download as a harmful download.
What does this Silencio program do?