nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it did on windows 10

brian

I am using latest updates of nvda and windows 10 app ecentials on windows 11 and when I check for updates it does not say what the updates are and it does not say the percentages.  Is this an nvda issue or a windows issue?  Are there any settings that I need to change in either nvda or in windows to bring this back?

Brian Sackrider

Hi,
This is more towards a Windows issue, as Narrator also exhibits the same issue.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 11:23 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it did on windows 10

I am using latest updates of nvda and windows 10 app ecentials on windows 11 and when I check for updates it does not say what the updates are and it does not say the percentages. Is this an nvda issue or a windows issue? Are there any settings that I need to change in either nvda or in windows to bring this back?

Brian Sackrider

brian

Thanks for that I hope that this issue gets fixt very soon.

Brian Sackrider

On 10/12/2021 2:36 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Subject: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it did on windows 10

I am using latest updates of nvda and windows 10 app ecentials on windows 11 and when I check for updates it does not say what the updates are and it does not say the percentages. Is this an nvda issue or a windows issue? Are there any settings that I need to change in either nvda or in windows to bring this back?

Brian Sackrider

Hi,
I don't think it can be resolved in cumulative updates unless Microsoft backports fixes from dev channel releases, assuming that this requires Microsoft to resolve it from that channel first (resolving this issue requires NVDA (and Narrator) to read changes, which requires Settings app to be modified to raise the event needed).
Cheers,
Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it did on windows 10

Brian Sackrider

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

Jerry Hogan

I check in Windows Update for my Dell Mini 5070 with windows10 and Jaws2021 and it said my computer will instaled on to my computer, now I wait and wait for the update.
Jerry Hogan

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it did on windows 10

Brian Sackrider

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

Jerry Hogan

I mean Windows11

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Hogan
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:10 PM

I check in Windows Update for my Dell Mini 5070 with windows10 and Jaws2021 and it said my computer will instaled on to my computer, now I wait and wait for the update.
Jerry Hogan

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 1:38 PM

Brian Sackrider

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

Jason White

Using screen reader review commands, I was able to read the download percentage in the Windows Updates dialogue. Also, the percentages were read during the installation of the update when the system was rebooted, bringing me to 22000.258.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, 12 October 2021 14:36

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

Leo

Yes, absolutely, in my case I could read the percentage as well using Jaws 2022 Beta.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:53 PM

Using screen reader review commands, I was able to read the download percentage in the Windows Updates dialogue. Also, the percentages were read during the installation of the update when the system was rebooted, bringing me to 22000.258.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

matthew dyer

Hi,

I think he was talking about the download progress in windows update itself rather than the update screen you get after the restart.

Matthew

On Oct 12, 2021, at 5:54 PM, Leo <literophilus@myself.com> wrote:

Yes, absolutely, in my case I could read the percentage as well using Jaws 2022 Beta.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Brian Sackrider

Leo

Well, I'm talking about the download percentage and installation percentage
in windows update, and now that I think about it, I don't remember Jaws
reading any percentage after rebooting my PC.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On
Behalf Of matthew dyer
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 5:09 PM
To: Windows Ten <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it
did on windows 10

Hi,

I think he was talking about the download progress in windows update itself
rather than the update screen you get after the restart.

Matthew

On Oct 12, 2021, at 5:54 PM, Leo <literophilus@myself.com> wrote:

Yes, absolutely, in my case I could read the percentage as well using Jaws
2022 Beta.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like
it did on windows 10

Using screen reader review commands, I was able to read the download
percentage in the Windows Updates dialogue. Also, the percentages were read
during the installation of the update when the system was rebooted, bringing
me to 22000.258.

Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like
it did on windows 10

Hi,
This is more towards a Windows issue, as Narrator also exhibits the same
issue.
Cheers,
Joseph

Behalf Of brian
Subject: [WinAccess] nvda does not read my updates on windows 11 like it
did on windows 10

I am using latest updates of nvda and windows 10 app ecentials on windows
11 and when I check for updates it does not say what the updates are and it
does not say the percentages. Is this an nvda issue or a windows issue?
Are there any settings that I need to change in either nvda or in windows to
bring this back?

Brian Sackrider