OneDrive How To get It Going

Mike B.

Hi all,

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Lino Morales

Should be in your SYS tray. Once you find it you need to be signed into your MS account. Once your signed in it should start syncing your stuff.

On 9/10/2021 1:07 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi all,

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Mike B.

It's not in the system tray or anywhere else, but I did do a search for it and got signed in and it's in the process of unfreezing my account since I've never used it before.  I don't understand what happened to the OneDrive icons that are normally in Apps / Startup or in Personalization / Taskbar, but as they say, SH*T happens!  LOL  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] OneDrive How To get It Going

Should be in your SYS tray. Once you find it you need to be signed into your MS account. Once your signed in it should start syncing your stuff.

On 9/10/2021 1:07 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi all,

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

You probably have to go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and tab to where it says "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", find OneDrive in there and make sure it's "On".

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Mike B.

It wasn't in there before, but it's in there now, since  I got signed and Microsoft unfroze the account and I'm assuming that's why it's now showing.  It's still not in, Settings / Apps / Startup or in Task manager / Startup.  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 10:59 AM

You probably have to go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and tab to where it says "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", find OneDrive in there and make sure it's "On".

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Brad Snyder

Be sure and check your system tray overflow area. Could be there.

- Brad -

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 10:12 AM

Should be in your SYS tray. Once you find it you need to be signed into your MS account. Once your signed in it should start syncing your stuff.

On 9/10/2021 1:07 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi all,

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Marie

Mike, Try typing One Drive in the search field to bring up the app or look in file explorer which is the place I use it most often.

Marie

Running latest Win10 21H1 19043.1202.  I don't have the OneDrive icon in Startup or Taskbar, it's not showing in ThisPC and I can't find it from the start menu, but it shows as being installed in Programs & Features.

How do I get OneDrive going again?  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Mike B.

Hi Marie,

Found the app in, shell:appsfolder, and got it going.  Thanks much.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.