oops, it's an MS account with Win10. Re: Switching to Win 11, a Google Account & etc

Peter Tesar

You need a Microsoft Id not a Google Id for Windows 11, if you don't have a Gmail email address chances are you may not have a Google account/Id.

You also definitely need a new computer, even my Asus laptop which in late 2016 was a high-end machine does not meet the Windows 11 requirements.

If your 25-year old keyboard has a PS2 connector then you also have to find a PS2 to USB adapter, Amazon is probably the best place for that, a new PC definitely won't have any more PS2 ports, but you can of course continue using that keyboard if you like it.

When you buy a new computer it will boot up to a setup screen and you can turn on Narrator with the keyboard shortcut Control + Windows Key + Enter and at that point it is possible to complete the setup process without sighted help as long as you are somewhat familiar with pressing tab and following instructions, at some point during this process you are then asked to sign in with  your Microsoft account and while you might be able to create one at that time, it is certainly a lot easier if you have one and have your login email and password handy.

Below is the link to sign in to or create a Microsoft account, if you don't have one you definitely have to create one:

https://account.microsoft.com/account?lang=en-hknew

Best regards,

Sieghard