OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I was sent the “AT&T Cingular Flip IV” cellphone recently because my old cellphone is soon to be incompatible with AT&T’s network.  Apparently, this phone’s OS is “KiaOS” and it has an accessibility feature called “Readout.”  Does anyone know about this cellphone’s accessibility?  Does anyone know where I can find information about “Readout?”  Does anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of key commands (a.k.a., shortcuts) that can be used for various functions (e.g., time, status, etc.)?

Thanks,

Richard

C.Boynton

Richard, if possible grab my email and send me any info or instructions on this phone. My Mom has this one now, she is not blind but if what we can use to help us out I can tell her to use the same. Please send me email so we won’t clutter this one up, thanks. Cathy B.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:04 PM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Hi!

I was sent the “AT&T Cingular Flip IV” cellphone recently because my old cellphone is soon to be incompatible with AT&T’s network.  Apparently, this phone’s OS is “KiaOS” and it has an accessibility feature called “Readout.”  Does anyone know about this cellphone’s accessibility?  Does anyone know where I can find information about “Readout?”  Does anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of key commands (a.k.a., shortcuts) that can be used for various functions (e.g., time, status, etc.)?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Cathy,

Your email cannot be grabbed.  Is you can, see if you can grab mine and email me directly for collaboration.

Bye,

Richard

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of C.Boynton
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Richard, if possible grab my email and send me any info or instructions on this phone. My Mom has this one now, she is not blind but if what we can use to help us out I can tell her to use the same. Please send me email so we won’t clutter this one up, thanks. Cathy B.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

Each message which somebody posts has a number of links in the footer, one of them says "Reply to Sender" and if you select it a new message is created which goes directly to that person's email address and the subject line says the word "Private" in front of whatever the subject was.

I am posting this to the list because it may be something some others also have not realized, but I'll also send you the same message by using that link so you can see what it looks like.

Take care,

Sieghard

Sent: September 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Hi Cathy,

Your email cannot be grabbed.  Is you can, see if you can grab mine and email me directly for collaboration.

Bye,

Richard

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of C.Boynton

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard

C.Boynton

Hmm, sometimes grabbing email address are Easley grabbed but not here, so Richard here is my email cmb56@.... Hope to hear soon from you.

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 11:38 AM

Hi Cathy,

Bye,

Richard

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard

Anybody on the WinAccess group can send an email to anybody else who posted a message simply by clicking the "Reply to Sender" link.

Sent: September 11, 2021 10:12 AM

Hmm, sometimes grabbing email address are Easley grabbed but not here, so Richard here is my email cmb56@.... Hope to hear soon from you.

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 11:38 AM

Hi Cathy,

Bye,

Richard

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Understood, and thanks!

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 8:44 AM

Richard,

Each message which somebody posts has a number of links in the footer, one of them says "Reply to Sender" and if you select it a new message is created which goes directly to that person's email address and the subject line says the word "Private" in front of whatever the subject was.

I am posting this to the list because it may be something some others also have not realized, but I'll also send you the same message by using that link so you can see what it looks like.

Take care,

Sieghard

Sent: September 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Hi Cathy,

Bye,

Richard

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard