Placing Display Option On The Desktop

Vicki W

Hi,

Is there a way to place an icon for changing the display brightness on the desktop or a shortcut key that will work other than shading with JAWS?

Thanks.

Vicki

Monte Single

If you go to the desktop and press control plus space bar,  your screenreader will say something like “no selection”.

Now press the application and arrow up to “properties”.

There should be a tab on the properties page for personalize.,  Press personalize and tab several times til you hear “screen brightness”.

Check that out and see what you get.

Cheers,

Mont

Is there a way to place an icon for changing the display brightness on the desktop or a shortcut key that will work other than shading with JAWS?

Thanks.

Vicki

Daniel McGee

I think it's quicker, to press windows key,start typing: brightness, until you here "change brightness level." Press enter and if all is well, you should here "change brightness for the built in display." This is a slider, which you can adjust accordingly.

HTH

On 08/01/2022 16:22, Monte Single wrote:

If you go to the desktop and press control plus space bar,  your screenreader will say something like “no selection”.

Now press the application and arrow up to “properties”.

There should be a tab on the properties page for personalize.,  Press personalize and tab several times til you hear “screen brightness”.

Check that out and see what you get.

Cheers,

Mont

Is there a way to place an icon for changing the display brightness on the desktop or a shortcut key that will work other than shading with JAWS?

Thanks.

Vicki

Brad Snyder

I find it in the action center on my Windows 10 machine.

- Brad -