From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, 14 September 2021 17:42
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] problem installing Windows update

Running latest released version of Windows 10. Received notice today that a Windows update was available kb5005565. It appears that the update is being installed but after it says it is 100 percent installed I get a error message and wants me to try again. Trying again ends with the same result. I downloaded the stand alone install package and it fails to install as well.
Ran sfc /scannow and dism and tried again with same error message saying install failed.
Are there any other things I can try?

Bill White

Hi, Don. One thing I always try when I get the "retry" message is the following,

1. Open Windows Update.
2. TAB to the "Pause" button, and press it.
3. Press SHIFT plus TAB to find the "Resume" button and press it.
4. Perform the "Check for updates" operation again.
5. This will force a new download and install of the update.
6. If the download was corrupt, which is sometimes the case, this may allow the update(s) to be installed.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Running latest released version of Windows 10. Received notice today
that a Windows update was available kb5005565. It appears that the
update is being installed but after it says it is 100 percent installed
I get a error message and wants me to try again. Trying again ends with
the same result. I downloaded the stand alone install package and it
fails to install as well.
Ran sfc /scannow and dism and tried again with same error message saying
install failed.
Are there any other things I can try?

Don H

Thanks for the idea but in my case it did not help and update failed again.

On 9/14/2021 6:18 PM, Bill White wrote:
[...]

OK I set it up for a in place upgrade. Where does the offer for this in place upgrade pop up? Says it can take up to 48 hours to be available.

On 9/14/2021 5:52 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:
Does this advisory help?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005322-some-devices-cannot-install-new-updates-after-installing-kb5003214-may-25-2021-and-kb5003690-june-21-2021-66edf7cf-5d3c-401f-bd32-49865343144f
Running latest released version of Windows 10. Received notice today that a Windows update was available kb5005565. It appears that the update is being installed but after it says it is 100 percent installed I get a error message and wants me to try again. Trying again ends with the same result. I downloaded the stand alone install package and it fails to install as well.
Ran sfc /scannow and dism and tried again with same error message saying install failed.
Are there any other things I can try?

Chris

Have you tried RESTARTING the computer and then trying the update again?

Running latest released version of Windows 10.  Received notice today

that a Windows update was available kb5005565.  It appears that the

update is being installed but after it says it is 100 percent installed

I get a error message and wants me to try again.  Trying again ends with

the same result.  I downloaded the stand alone install package and it

fails to install as well.

Ran sfc /scannow and dism and tried again with same error message saying

install failed.

Are there any other things I can try?

Louise Pfau

I just installed it successfully Yesterday. I had to do it manually because it came up in the update interface as needing to be installed rather than being automatically installed after download.

Louise