problem with imbuilt microphone

udit pandey

hi group,
hope you all are well
I have a dell vostro 3500 running windows 11 latest version and latest version of nvda
my inbuilt microphone is not working which it says like intel smart microphone like that
my system is a new one it was working perfectly in the morning but don't know why it has stopped working. I dint do anything with the settings just enabled the stereo thing which we found in the recording tab of sounds setting because thought it will fix it pls help pls

JM Casey

Hi.

I don’t have Windows 11 on either of my computers, but things should be pretty similar.

Go to sound, input device, and select properties. Make sure the microphone box is checked. Check the volume, make sure it’s not too low.

Finally, did you activate this stereo setting before or after things stopped working?

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of udit pandey
Sent: July 6, 2022 11:38 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] problem with imbuilt microphone

hi group,

hope you all are well

I have a dell vostro 3500 running windows 11 latest version and latest version of nvda

my inbuilt microphone is not working which it says like intel smart microphone like that

my system is a new one it was working perfectly in the morning but don't know why it has stopped working. I dint do anything with the settings just enabled the stereo thing which we found in the recording tab of sounds setting because thought it will fix it pls help pls

udit pandey

hi jm,
your help dint work I did turn that stereo thing after the things stopped working and after your solution I tried using my inbuilt microphone with that stereo thing and tried the same after disabling it and I also restart my pc

JM Casey

Ah, I see.

Did you check to see if the microphone was actually inabled in input device properties, and did you check to see if the volume setting was high enough?

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of udit pandey
Sent: July 6, 2022 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] problem with imbuilt microphone

hi jm,

your help dint work I did turn that stereo thing after the things stopped working and after your solution I tried using my inbuilt microphone with that stereo thing and tried the same after disabling it and I also restart my pc

udit pandey

same the thing is not working

Dave Grossoehme

The microphone isn't muted?

Dave

On 7/6/2022 1:04 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Ah, I see.

Did you check to see if the microphone was actually inabled in input device properties, and did you check to see if the volume setting was high enough?

Sent: July 6, 2022 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] problem with imbuilt microphone

hi jm,

valiant8086

Hi.

Struggling to understand your writing, but here's my stab at it. Although I hate Dell sound cards enough that I highly recommend against buying dell laptops, this is actually not a Dell specific issue. What I think might be going on is that your device has changed the usage of the audio jack.

Do you have headphones plugged in? If so, unplug them. Does the microphone work now? If you have the computer configured to use a headset in the combo jack but you're using headphones that don't have a microphone, sometimes devices using Intel Smart Sound Technology won't know better, and will try to use the headset microphone circuit even though there's nothing there on headphones which lack a microphone.

If you experience this problem even though you aren't using headphones or a headset, try plugging something in. You can experiment with it plugged in, and then unplug it again. Occasionally just plugging in and unplugging something will fix the problem, which could be caused by the sound card somehow being triggered to use the external microphone input even though there isn't really one there.

Which program are you trying to record from the microphone with?

Do you have more than one microphone showing up in sounds in the control panel other than stereo mix? If so, it could be that one of them is your external microphone that commonly with a combo jack will just be a headset's microphone, and the other one, generally called something about array, will be the internal microphone, and you want the array one to be default unless of course you do have a headset and you want to use its microphone. If this is with a headset, ensure the mic works on the headset.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, AKA Valiant8086 General Partner at Valiant Galaxy Associates "we make (VERY GOOD AUDIOGAMES) for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com
On 7/6/2022 11:37 AM, udit pandey wrote:

hi group,
hope you all are well