screen rotation keystroke

Alan Robbins

Was at a friends yesterday and her screen on Windows 10 laptop had gotten inverted (turned 180 degrees). I remember reading hon here at one point in time there was a keystroke to turn the screen. Anyone e remember what that was?

Al

Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...>

control alt and left or right arrow.

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:58 AM
Subject: [win10] screen rotation keystroke

Was at a friends yesterday and her screen on Windows 10 laptop had gotten inverted (turned 180 degrees). I remember reading hon here at one point in time there was a keystroke to turn the screen. Anyone e remember what that was?

Al

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

I believe it's control alt up arrow.

On 12/26/2017 6:07 AM, Michael Capelle wrote:
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:58 AM
*To:* win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io>
*Subject:* [win10] screen rotation keystroke
Al

Blaster

If the hotkeys mentioned above don't work you could try this:

Press the windows key and type : display, you should get the option
for display settings, press enter to open it.

Tab until you hear, orientation. This is a pull down menu so use the
Alt key + the down arrow to open it. Choose landscape and press the
enter key.

HTH,
Blaster

On 12/26/17, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@att.net> wrote:
I believe it's control alt up arrow.

On 12/26/2017 6:07 AM, Michael Capelle wrote:
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:58 AM
*To:* win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io>
*Subject:* [win10] screen rotation keystroke

Was at a friends yesterday and her screen on Windows 10 laptop had
gotten inverted (turned 180 degrees). I remember reading hon here at one
point in time there was a keystroke to turn the screen. Anyone e
remember what that was?

Al

Chris

Try Windows+down arrow

Sent: 26 December 2017 13:59
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Al

Brian Moore

ctrl+alt+up arrow will sort it

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

On 26/12/2017 9:24 AM, Chris wrote:

Try Windows+down arrow

Al

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

When you get it sorted, go into the system tray, click on Intel graphics and disable hotkeys so it doesn’t happen again.

I think the ctrl alt arrows rotating the screen issue is unique to Intel graphics.

George

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:58 AM

Al

Tony Ballou

Seasons greetings,

Here are the keystrokes for fixing this one. 

Rotate Screen with a Keyboard Shortcut
Hit CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode. You can rotate the screen to portrait or upside-down landscape, by hitting CTRL + ALT + Left Arrow, Right Arrow or Down arrow.

If that doesn't work for you try these steps. 

Fix Sideways Screen With Display Settings Menu
If, for some reason, the shortcut keys don't work (and they should), try this method.
1. Right click on the desktop and selct Display settings.
Display Settings
2. Choose a screen to fix if you have multiple monitors attached. Skip this step if you have only one.
3. Select Landscape from the orientation menu.
Lanscape mode
4. Click Apply (or OK)
Click Apply
5. Click Keep Changes when prompted.
Keep changes

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 12/26/2017 8:58 AM, Alan Robbins wrote:

Al

chris judge

This happens to me all the time, I wish FS would reassign the keystroeks for table reading, as they are the same as the keystrokes to rotate screen, lol.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: December 26, 2017 9:59 AM

Al

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

Alt+ctrl+left and right arrows I think.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins

Al

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Louise Pfau

NVDA has the same table navigation keystrokes, so if you happen to be in a table in forms or focus mode, you flip the screen.  I just discovered that by accident.

Louise

Chris Nova

Hi,

You can turn it off.

Make sure your screen is set normal before disabling the hot keys.

1. Go to the desktop.
  2. If nothing is selected, move to the next step, if you have something selected, press ctrl-space to unselect.
  3. Next hit the applications key and arrow down to Graphics Options and press enter.
  4. Arrow to hot keys and press enter
  5. Press enter on disable.

You can then use alt-ctrl-arrow keys to use table navigation without changing the screen by mistake.

Sent from a SuperNova!

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Friday, January 7, 2022 5:12 PM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] screen rotation keystroke

NVDA has the same table navigation keystrokes, so if you happen to be in a table in forms or focus mode, you flip the screen.  I just discovered that by accident.

Louise

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

JinYoun

Wow, thank you for this simple method! Yesterday, for some reason the shift + f10 did not open the context menu when I tried it on the intel graphics button on the status bar and when I googled how to disable the hot key, I had to go through settings and then find graphics properties and blah blah blah many other steps to disable the hot key. 
Because buttons are not labeled in the graphic properties, the NAO add on came very handy.
Thank you for this great tip.