From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Higgins
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2021 7:13 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: [WinAccess] Simple question about Bluetooth

Hello ,

And the question is. Is it at all possible to pare two different Bluetooth devices to operate at once? In other words, if say someone wanted to listen to a stream on the computer in the living room, and another in the bedroom at the same time?

Any help will be appreciated,

Larry

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Some phones have this features. I am aware that Samsung builds this into their devices. Some speakers also provide the option to pair to two similar speakers. Otherwise, no.

Thanks

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Larry Higgins

Thanks Jeff and also Nimer for responding to my query.

My daughter bought me a relatively cheep Bluetooth  speaker for Christmas, and I was just hoping there would be an easy way to accomplish this little task, but apparently not. But hey, no real issue since the only thing I am planning to use it for is to have a little streamed music for napping, at least for the most part. Works well for that so far.

On 12/27/2021 11:01 AM, Jeff Christiansen wrote:
I would be excited to hear differently but I think the answer is not without a Bluetooth broadcasting unit.
Example, I can pair two different headsets one after the other but only the last headset paired gets the audio.
Hoping someone has a solution as I did not want to buy an expensive unit that only gets minimal usage.

And the question is. Is it at all possible to pare two different Bluetooth devices to operate at once? In other words, if say someone wanted to listen to a stream on the computer in the living room, and another in the bedroom at the same time?

Any help will be appreciated,

Larry

Hareth

There are some nice not so expensive bluetooth audio transmitters able
to have stream going with 2 BL speakers or headsets simultaneously
I got the Avantree C51 USB Type C Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter
Adapter more than a year back that has that capability.
I think that manufacturer made newer models already, plus they have a
very good customer service.

12/27/21, Jeff Christiansen <jeff@teameei.org> wrote:

I would be excited to hear differently but I think the answer is not without
a Bluetooth broadcasting unit.
Example, I can pair two different headsets one after the other but only the
last headset paired gets the audio.
Hoping someone has a solution as I did not want to buy an expensive unit
that only gets minimal usage.

And the question is. Is it at all possible to pare two different Bluetooth
devices to operate at once? In other words, if say someone wanted to listen
to a stream on the computer in the living room, and another in the bedroom
at the same time?

Any help will be appreciated,

Larry

John Altmeyer

I have a similar unit.  I paid about $50 for mine, but that was about a year ago.

On 12/27/2021 3:42 PM, Hareth wrote:
[...]

Pramit

Hi Larry,

What I believe is you cant operate two different devices once.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 7:43 PM Larry Higgins <larry.b.higgins@...> wrote:
Hello     ,

And the question is. Is it at all possible to pare two different
Bluetooth devices to operate at once? In other words, if say someone
wanted to listen to a stream on the computer in the living room, and
another in the bedroom at the same time?

Any help will be appreciated,

Larry

Steven Hicks

I Don't think you can use two sound devices at the same time like this, if you have two bluetooth speakers of the same and they are capable of TSM, true stereo mode, but you will have different channels in the different rooms.