Success! Page Refresh does not silence carousel messages.

Peter Tesar

Hello,

The Jaws quick setting, Page Refresh, does not stop the rapid announcements of messages.

Someone called this a carousel. It was bombarding the screen with promo messages.

What works is to uncheck the Jaws setting for: Announce Live Region Updates

With this setting unchecked I put it to the test.

Logon to my account

search for an item

browse the items

view my cart

etc

These store promo announcements were silent.

I could do a Say Line on line 5 (with the virtual cursor on) and the promo was there.

The promo messages were changing silently.

Also, after making a blood lab appointment, the Confirmation page is now silent.

I used to hear the remaining time out, every second.

What silences these rapid and annoying announcements is to uncheck the Jaws setting for:

Announce Live Region Updates.

Peter T.

Thanks, that is a good one to remember.