waiting

Rebecca Kragnes

Is there anyone on list like me who is choosing to wait until the computer decides to update to WINDOWS 11? I really don't want to attempt this thing on my own and would rather have Microsoft decide when it's appropriate for me to update.

Rebecca Kragnes
3733 15th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Home: 612-827-2132
Cell: 612-387-5884
Email: rjkragnes@gmail.com
Twitter: @RebeccaKragnes

Holly

Rebecca:

I am sure there are many who will not update, even when it is available. Many like to wait to see how others find the new OS, and Windows 10 will be supported for several years yet.

Don't think you have to update as soon as you are able, especially if you are having some worries about doing it.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Holly,

I won’t be able to upgrade to windows 11. I called the Microsoft disability center last week and told them I bought this computer in 2016 and they said I won’t be able to upgrade. I’m not in any real hurry to upgrade anyway.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

I am sure there are many who will not update, even when it is available.

Many like to wait to see how others find the new OS, and Windows 10 will be

supported for several years yet.

Don't think you have to update as soon as you are able, especially if you

are having some worries about doing it.

Holly

Rosemarie:

I am not able to upgrade either, as my processor does not meet the requirement, but my computer is still running fine and I will not be in a hurry to buy a new computer until I have to.  Four years of Windows 10 support will be fine for me now.

Monte Single

Win 10 will be supported until October of 2025.
I would not upgrade to win11 til next spring at least.

I am sure there are many who will not update, even when it is available.
Many like to wait to see how others find the new OS, and Windows 10 will be
supported for several years yet.

Don't think you have to update as soon as you are able, especially if you
are having some worries about doing it.

Monte Single

Rebecca,

Just because you get a message from micro soft sying you can upgrade your
computer, does not mean you have to.
Just ignore the message when you get it......

Is there anyone on list like me who is choosing to wait until the computer
decides to update to WINDOWS 11? I really don't want to attempt this thing
on my own and would rather have Microsoft decide when it's appropriate for
me to update.

Rebecca Kragnes
3733 15th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Home: 612-827-2132
Cell: 612-387-5884
Email: rjkragnes@gmail.com
Twitter: @RebeccaKragnes

Monte Single

Hi Rosemarie,

I lied!

In a message a few months ago, I said  I would stick with my old win10 pc.

A month ago I purchased a new win10 desktop that will run win11.

It’s not often,  but I just had to scratch that urge to buy.

But!  I will  not move up  to win11  for some months yet.

Even if the auto upgrade message pops up in the notifications area, I will ignore it, I will!

I won’t be able to upgrade to windows 11. I called the Microsoft disability center last week and told them I bought this computer in 2016 and they said I won’t be able to upgrade. I’m not in any real hurry to upgrade anyway.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

I am sure there are many who will not update, even when it is available.

Many like to wait to see how others find the new OS, and Windows 10 will be

supported for several years yet.

Don't think you have to update as soon as you are able, especially if you

are having some worries about doing it.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I know what you mean. Aslong as this windows 10 computer works, that’s all that matters. I too won’t buy a new computer until I really have to.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I am not able to upgrade either, as my processor does not meet the requirement, but my computer is still running fine and I will not be in a hurry to buy a new computer until I have to.  Four years of Windows 10 support will be fine for me now.

valiant8086

I have the insider builds of Windows 11 running on my primary machine, but everything else I'm gonna wait, if it installs it, then it installs it. You're not going to be missing out on a whole lot by being on Windows 10 for now, and I find the Windows 10 interface to be a little more friendly, little things like no longer being able to set the system tray to always show all icons or not being able to turn system icons off, not having the power performance slider on the tray battery icon and having to press buttons in the settings app to be able to use things that used to just be right out in the open make it feel like it's more of a bother than it's really worth, but that's just me. The main things I tended to want to get excited about were the Android Subsystem and that's not included yet, and being able to hit ctrl+backspace and ctrl+delete to back off or delete words one by one in a lot of places that didn't used to allow that e.g. file explorer rename edit boxes.

--
cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com

Immigrant

I am planning to opt out of Windows 11 on this computer, and joining the
Windows 11 crowd when I would need to replace this machine, hoping to
perhaps get a pro version so I can have more control over the setup.

Is there anyone on list like me who is choosing to wait until the computer
decides to update to WINDOWS 11? I really don't want to attempt this thing
on my own and would rather have Microsoft decide when it's appropriate for
me to update.

Rebecca Kragnes
3733 15th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Home: 612-827-2132
Cell: 612-387-5884
Email: rjkragnes@gmail.com
Twitter: @RebeccaKragnes

Shawn Bever

Rebecca, I'm planning to wait at least 3 months before updating to Win 11. There are always bugs and othr issues that arise after a new version of Windows rolls out, so I like to wait a bit to let things shake out before jumping in.

Best,

Shawn
On 10/10/2021 8:02 PM, Rebecca Kragnes wrote:

Is there anyone on list like me who is choosing to wait until the computer decides to update to WINDOWS 11? I really don't want to attempt this thing on my own and would rather have Microsoft decide when it's appropriate for me to update.

Rebecca Kragnes
3733 15th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Home:  612-827-2132
Cell: 612-387-5884
Email: rjkragnes@...
Twitter: @RebeccaKragnes

Sharon S

Hi, I will be waiting for awhile even if I get offered it soon. I like to
wait with these things and let others find the bugs and hopefully get them
sorted before I jump in.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

Is there anyone on list like me who is choosing to wait until the computer
decides to update to WINDOWS 11? I really don't want to attempt this thing
on my own and would rather have Microsoft decide when it's appropriate for
me to update.

Rebecca Kragnes
3733 15th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Home: 612-827-2132
Cell: 612-387-5884
Email: rjkragnes@gmail.com
Twitter: @RebeccaKragnes

Sandra Johnson

Hi Rebecca,

I am waiting too. I am not in a hurry to go through any changes right now.

Sandra Johnson