will jaws 2022 work successfully with google authenticator?

Hank William Merchant

Good evening,

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022  will maybae work successfully with google authenticator  google authenticator?
Any help with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

Timothy Wynn

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 08:35 PM, Hank William Merchant wrote:

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022 will maybae work successfully with google authenticator google authenticator?

According to the "Get verification codes with Google Authenticator" support article, Google Authenticator is only available for the Android, iOS, and iPad OS platforms, not Windows 10 or 11. So no, because this is not available on Windows, JAWS will not work with it.

Timothy

chris judge

I’m guessing it’s used to allow access to a particular site during the log in process. I assume a message pops up on your phone when trying to sign in to a site, and you have to acknowledge it’s you through the app. Jaws really has nothing to do with it.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy via groups.io
Sent: January 19, 2022 1:21 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] will jaws 2022 work successfully with google authenticator?

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022 will maybae work successfully with google authenticator google authenticator?

According to the "Get verification codes with Google Authenticator" support article, Google Authenticator is only available for the Android, iOS, and iPad OS platforms, not Windows 10 or 11. So no, because this is not available on Windows, JAWS will not work with it.

Timothy

Jeff Christiansen

JAWS has little to do with this outside of getting things setup.

My state contract requires use of the Google authenticator.

Each time I sign in I get a code generated by the authenticator via my phone.

Very easy to use after getting it setup.

Good luck!

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] will jaws 2022 work successfully with google authenticator?

I’m guessing it’s used to allow access to a particular site during the log in process. I assume a message pops up on your phone when trying to sign in to a site, and you have to acknowledge it’s you through the app. Jaws really has nothing to do with it.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy via groups.io

Timothy

Timothy Wynn

There are also ways to generate two-factor authentication codes in Windows using Google Authenticator with third-party software, but that's a bit outside of scope for this topic. Of course, do your own research before choosing any solution, whether through the Google authenticator app or any other solution.

Timothy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 1:24 PM

JAWS has little to do with this outside of getting things setup.

My state contract requires use of the Google authenticator.

Each time I sign in I get a code generated by the authenticator via my phone.

Very easy to use after getting it setup.

Good luck!

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 1:38 AM

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

Timothy

Hank William Merchant

Hello back Chris and others,

Actually, its not my phone that I am trying to use, I am wondering if the google authenticator can be used successfully on my laptop using jaws? Any further help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible further help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 4:37 AM

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

Timothy

Jason White

I think some password managers, such as Bitwarden, can generate the TOTP codes and insert them into the form field when you’re prompted for the second authentication factor.

I haven’t explored the possibilities, so I don’t know which option is the most accessible in this regard. (The Mac OS keychain can do this, and it is accessible, but it isn’t relevant if you’re using Windows.)

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> on behalf of Hank William Merchant <hank_w@...>
Date: Wednesday, 19January, 2022 at 14:40
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] will jaws 2022 work successfully with google authenticator on my laptop computer?

Actually, its not my phone that I am trying to use, I am wondering if the google authenticator can be used successfully on my laptop using jaws? Any further help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible further help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

Timothy

Shawn Bever

As far as I know, the Google Authenticator is only available as an app for mobile devices. It is this way by design, to separate the code generator physically from the PC (desktop) environment to make it more secure. However, there are Windows apps and browser extensions that can make using Google authenticator on your PC possible. This article covers the topic pretty well (a link to this was posted in a previous message in this thread):

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-generate-2fa-codes-windows-10-google-authenticator/

Shawn
On 1/19/2022 11:40 AM, Hank William Merchant wrote:

Kindest regards,

Hank

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

Timothy