will jaws 2022 work successfully with google authenticator?

Hank William Merchant

Good evening,

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022  will maybae work successfully with google authenticator  google authenticator?
Any help with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

Timothy Wynn

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 08:35 PM, Hank William Merchant wrote:

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022 will maybae work successfully with google authenticator google authenticator?

According to the "Get verification codes with Google Authenticator" support article, Google Authenticator is only available for the Android, iOS, and iPad OS platforms, not Windows 10 or 11. So no, because this is not available on Windows, JAWS will not work with it.

Timothy

chris judge

I’m guessing it’s used to allow access to a particular site during the log in process. I assume a message pops up on your phone when trying to sign in to a site, and you have to acknowledge it’s you through the app. Jaws really has nothing to do with it.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

I’m guessing it’s used to allow access to a particular site during the log in process. I assume a message pops up on your phone when trying to sign in to a site, and you have to acknowledge it’s you through the app. Jaws really has nothing to do with it.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2022

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 08:35 PM, Hank William Merchant wrote:

Can someone please tell me if jaws 2022 will maybae work successfully with google authenticator google authenticator?

According to the "Get verification codes with Google Authenticator" support article, Google Authenticator is only available for the Android, iOS, and iPad OS platforms, not Windows 10 or 11. So no, because this is not available on Windows, JAWS will not work with it.

Timothy

Shawn Bever

As far as I know, the Google Authenticator is only available as an app for mobile devices. It is this way by design, to separate the code generator physically from the PC (desktop) environment to make it more secure. However, there are Windows apps and browser extensions that can make using Google authenticator on your PC possible. This article covers the topic pretty well (a link to this was posted in a previous message in this thread):

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-generate-2fa-codes-windows-10-google-authenticator/

Shawn