windows 11 pros and cons

brice Mijares

I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready to install win 11. Monitoring this list I really have not seen much discussion on the pros and cons of upgrading. As of yet, I been delaying the upgrade due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H1 (x64) build 19043.1288

Nimer Jaber

Hello Brice,

As long as you are running the most recent version of your screen reader, you should find that Windows 11 is pretty similar to Windows 10. I am sure others will chime in regarding their experiences, but for me, having been on Windows 11, the experience is for the most part, similar. Settings has seen a bit of a change, there are some changes to actions center/control center and the system tray, there are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, but really, the experience for the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 8:51 AM brice Mijares <bmijares33@...> wrote:
I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready to install
win 11. Monitoring this list I really have not seen much discussion on
the pros and cons of upgrading. As of yet, I been delaying the upgrade
due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

brice Mijares

Nimer, Thanks for the response.

On 11/5/2021 8:53 AM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello Brice,

As long as you are running the most recent version of your screen reader, you should find that Windows 11 is pretty similar to Windows 10. I am sure others will chime in regarding their experiences, but for me, having been on Windows 11, the experience is for the most part, similar. Settings has seen a bit of a change, there are some changes to actions center/control center and the system tray, there are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, but really, the experience for the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready to
install
win 11. Monitoring this list I really have not seen much
discussion on
the pros and cons of upgrading. As of yet, I been delaying the
upgrade
due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and all
advice.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Sarah k Alawami

I would personally wait. I've not heard much but some thing I've heard like someone having their system bricked when the update installed was not a good thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brice Mijares
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 8:51 AM
To: winaccess <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io>
Subject: [WinAccess] windows 11 pros and cons

I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready to install win 11. Monitoring this list I really have not seen much discussion on the pros and cons of upgrading. As of yet, I been delaying the upgrade due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

brice Mijares

Sara, thanks for the response.

On 11/5/2021 9:03 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I would personally wait. I've not heard much but some thing I've heard like someone having their system bricked when the update installed was not a good thing.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brice Mijares

Nimer Jaber

Sarah,

Devices bricking is not a wide-spread issue. While anything can happen to a computer, and it is great to have back-ups for this reason, I don't think that there is much concern in this case of devices bricking as a result of the update. If you disagree, please provide sources.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 9:03 AM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

Saying you heard somebody's device became a brick due to the Windows 11 upgrade is like saying you heard somebody died after being given the COVID-19 vaccine. It is basically useless information without more details. Maybe they got impatient and when it took too long for the computer to respond they decided to turn it off and back on to see if that would fix the issue or maybe they had a bad hard drive or SSD which just happened to fail during the upgrade. Just like maybe that person who received the vaccination died from a car accident or a heart attack which is completely unrelated to the vaccination. Such statements when you sometimes find them online from some shady source are called link bait, things like "Latest Windows update turns computer into a paperweight".

Sent: November 5, 2021 9:02 AM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] windows 11 pros and cons

Hello Brice,

As long as you are running the most recent version of your screen
reader, you should find that Windows 11 is pretty similar to Windows
10. I am sure others will chime in regarding their experiences, but
for me, having been on Windows 11, the experience is for the most
part, similar. Settings has seen a bit of a change, there are some
changes to actions center/control center and the system tray, there
are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, but really, the experience for
the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

install
discussion on
upgrade
advice.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Hamit Campos

Yep, this is why I'm carefull with "not accessible." Cause what do you mean by "not accessable" sometimes like the windows thing it's just meh I don't wana have to use the jawas curser. It acts too funny. Thus I lable the program not accessable. So yeah that can at times be somewhat similar.

On 11/5/2021 2:11 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Saying you heard somebody's device became a brick due to the Windows 11 upgrade is like saying you heard somebody died after being given the COVID-19 vaccine. It is basically useless information without more details. Maybe they got impatient and when it took too long for the computer to respond they decided to turn it off and back on to see if that would fix the issue or maybe they had a bad hard drive or SSD which just happened to fail during the upgrade. Just like maybe that person who received the vaccination died from a car accident or a heart attack which is completely unrelated to the vaccination. Such statements when you sometimes find them online from some shady source are called link bait, things like "Latest Windows update turns computer into a paperweight".

Hello Brice,

are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, but really, the experience for
the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

install
discussion on
upgrade
advice.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Folks, there is a difference, usable, and inaccessible.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 4:22 PM

Yep, this is why I'm carefull with "not accessible." Cause what do you mean by "not accessable" sometimes like the windows thing it's just meh I don't wana have to use the jawas curser. It acts too funny. Thus I lable the program not accessable. So yeah that can at times be somewhat similar.

On 11/5/2021 2:11 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On
Behalf Of brice Mijares

Hello Brice,

are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, but really, the experience
for the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

install
discussion on
upgrade
advice.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader
for Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

brian

I don't see windows 11 as anything for blind people to get excited about.  It is for the most part like windows 10 however I don't like the new windows sounds they are very soft this is the first version of windows that does not have a musicial start up sounds.  I think that windows sounds should sound like windows sounds thats just me.  A much bigger issue is with windows updates.  When you check for windows updates you only hear that an update is down loading and that it is installing.  There is no percentages spoken and you don't hear what the update is.  I have called the microsoft disability answer desk to report this issue.  They also have not fixt the issue with the edge brouser regarding the context menu not being readable by screen readers and there have been several updates to edge since they know about this issue.  I am not very impressed with windows 11 yes it is usable but it's just eye candy for the sighted and nothing to write home about for us blind people.  There is no internet explorer in windows 11 so I have to use the edge brouser.  I would conciter windows 11 a down grade for the blind.  I would staywith windows 10 as long as I could if you have not already upgraded to windows 11.

Brian Sackrider  s

On 11/5/2021 11:53 AM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The fact that there is no Internet Explorer sure is no loss, it hasn't been updated in years and apart from the security risk I have better things to do than to sit there and wait for a website to load because it takes 3 times as long as in Chrome or Edge.

I am also not sure what you mean by the context menu in Edge not being readable by screen readers, on my computers Jaws reads it just fine and apart from Windows 11 having a little bit of a different user interface, it is a much more secure operating system. I have only 1 computer which can run Windows 11 right now and it is still saying that the update will be available at a later date, but when it is I certainly plan to install it since I prefer to familiarize myself with what will be inevitable in a few years.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: November 5, 2021 5:12 PM

I don't see windows 11 as anything for blind people to get excited about.  It is for the most part like windows 10 however I don't like the new windows sounds they are very soft this is the first version of windows that does not have a musicial start up sounds.  I think that windows sounds should sound like windows sounds thats just me.  A much bigger issue is with windows updates.  When you check for windows updates you only hear that an update is down loading and that it is installing.  There is no percentages spoken and you don't hear what the update is.  I have called the microsoft disability answer desk to report this issue.  They also have not fixt the issue with the edge brouser regarding the context menu not being readable by screen readers and there have been several updates to edge since they know about this issue.  I am not very impressed with windows 11 yes it is usable but it's just eye candy for the sighted and nothing to write home about for us blind people.  There is no internet explorer in windows 11 so I have to use the edge brouser.  I would conciter windows 11 a down grade for the blind.  I would staywith windows 10 as long as I could if you have not already upgraded to windows 11.

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Dennis Brown

I have an item in my system tray that states Windows11 is ready to install.  Does that mean that the installer has determined that my system is 11 compatible?

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 1:03 AM

The fact that there is no Internet Explorer sure is no loss, it hasn't been updated in years and apart from the security risk I have better things to do than to sit there and wait for a website to load because it takes 3 times as long as in Chrome or Edge.

I am also not sure what you mean by the context menu in Edge not being readable by screen readers, on my computers Jaws reads it just fine and apart from Windows 11 having a little bit of a different user interface, it is a much more secure operating system. I have only 1 computer which can run Windows 11 right now and it is still saying that the update will be available at a later date, but when it is I certainly plan to install it since I prefer to familiarize myself with what will be inevitable in a few years.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Brian, get with the times man, IE has been discontinued for years, it is what it is. Complaining about stuff, is not going to solve your issues.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 12:03 AM

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Shaun Oliver

I'm running windows 11 on my laptop.

Firstly, a musicial startup sound? I think you want musical, and the startup sound is as *musical* as it has ever been.

I like the fact that my windows sounds are very close to non-intrusive. I don't want it glaringly obvious to all and sundry that I got an email or some such.

Internet Exploiter is no great loss, in my opinion. it's about time it was discontinued. as many had said, it hadn't been updated in years and was for all intents and purposes a giant exploit waiting to be used.

It's a security whole they have finally plugged and is beyond about time.

I like the way the settings app is now layed out as even from a blind person's point of view, it's neater and much nicer to navigate.

support for windows 10 will be discontinued in 2025, so you don't need to panic and go get the latest and greatest if you don't want it right now.

I've not seen the context menu issue you're speaking of. everytime I call one up, I can navigate and read it.

Perhaps you might wish to check your configurations instead of moaning about what doesn't work and using outdated software that should have been deep sixed long ago.

On 6/11/2021 4:39 pm, Capelle, Michael C. rambled on about the following:

Brian, get with the times man, IE has been discontinued for years, it is what it is. Complaining about stuff, is not going to solve your issues.

Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 12:03 AM

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Micallef Michael at FITA

Definitely yes I just install mine this morning and everything went well depending on how much old or good is your system it will take take time to install.  On my new machine intel I9  11th generation with 32 gb ram it took only 90 minutes tocompletely download and installed, just make sure that you have the latest version of your screen reader.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Brown via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, 06 November 2021 07:01

CAUTION: This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I have an item in my system tray that states Windows11 is ready to install.  Does that mean that the installer has determined that my system is 11 compatible?

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Image removed by sender. AVG logo

www.avg.com

brice Mijares

Thanks for the info.

On 11/6/2021 7:27 AM, Micallef Michael at FITA wrote:

Definitely yes I just install mine this morning and everything went well depending on how much old or good is your system it will take take time to install.  On my new machine intel I9 11^th generation with 32 gb ram it took only 90 minutes tocompletely download and installed, just make sure that you have the latest version of your screen reader.

*From:*winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Dennis Brown via groups.io
*Sent:* Saturday, 06 November 2021 07:01
*To:* winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [WinAccess] windows 11 pros and cons

CAUTION:This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I have an item in my system tray that states Windows11 is ready to install. Does that mean that the installer has determined that my system is 11 compatible?

*From:*winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Sieghard Weitzel
*Sent:* Saturday, November 6, 2021 1:03 AM

*From:*winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *brian
*Sent:* November 5, 2021 5:12 PM

I don't see windows 11 as anything for blind people to get excited about.  It is for the most part like windows 10 however I don't like the new windows sounds they are very soft this is the first version of windows that does not have a musicial start up sounds.  I think that windows sounds should sound like windows sounds thats just me.  A much bigger issue is with windows updates.  When you check for windows updates you only hear that an update is down loading and that it is installing. There is no percentages spoken and you don't hear what the update is.  I have called the microsoft disability answer desk to report this issue.  They also have not fixt the issue with the edge brouser regarding the context menu not being readable by screen readers and there have been several updates to edge since they know about this issue. I am not very impressed with windows 11 yes it is usable but it's just eye candy for the sighted and nothing to write home about for us blind people.  There is no internet explorer in windows 11 so I have to use the edge brouser.  I would conciter windows 11 a down grade for the blind.  I would staywith windows 10 as long as I could if you have not already upgraded to windows 11.

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

reader, you should find that Windows 11 is pretty similar to
Windows 10. I am sure others will chime in regarding their
experiences, but for me, having been on Windows 11, the experience
is for the most part, similar. Settings has seen a bit of a
change, there are some changes to actions center/control center
and the system tray, there are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts,
but really, the experience for the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 8:51 AM brice Mijares
<bmijares33@...> wrote:

I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready
to install
discussion on
upgrade
due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and
all advice.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcounter.li.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921821774%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=xqqa2ypD2OWJPI5ohbq9bXJJeLi1mXcaxB4zsyD1qXo%3D&reserved=0>

for Windows, visit nvaccess.org
<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvda-project.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921821774%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=envWzszq2g1lGfixRgb3lsqUbRhjivPPlWB5soow6gY%3D&reserved=0>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image removed by sender. AVG logo <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Finternet-security&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921831769%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=MCgEqYRmLriQQaRcjaDWoBEsJfy0rV3cZ0RfGL2AQtE%3D&reserved=0>

www.avg.com <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Finternet-security&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921831769%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=MCgEqYRmLriQQaRcjaDWoBEsJfy0rV3cZ0RfGL2AQtE%3D&reserved=0>

matthew dyer

As a side note, I am writing this reply from my new hpp machine which was upgraded to windows 11 and is very stable so there is nothing wrong here. I am using firefox rite now by default but might start using edge again as it has worked for me in the past.

Matthew

Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info.

On 11/6/2021 7:27 AM, Micallef Michael at FITA wrote:

Definitely yes I just install mine this morning and everything went
well depending on how much old or good is your system it will take
take time to install. On my new machine intel I9 11^th generation
with 32 gb ram it took only 90 minutes tocompletely download and
installed, just make sure that you have the latest version of your
screen reader.

*From:*winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io>
*On Behalf Of *Dennis Brown via groups.io
*Sent:* Saturday, 06 November 2021 07:01

CAUTION:This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email
Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you
recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I have an item in my system tray that states Windows11 is ready to
install. Does that mean that the installer has determined that my
system is 11 compatible?

*On Behalf Of *Sieghard Weitzel
*Sent:* Saturday, November 6, 2021 1:03 AM

The fact that there is no Internet Explorer sure is no loss, it hasn't
been updated in years and apart from the security risk I have better
things to do than to sit there and wait for a website to load because
it takes 3 times as long as in Chrome or Edge.

I am also not sure what you mean by the context menu in Edge not being
readable by screen readers, on my computers Jaws reads it just fine
and apart from Windows 11 having a little bit of a different user
interface, it is a much more secure operating system. I have only 1
computer which can run Windows 11 right now and it is still saying
that the update will be available at a later date, but when it is I
certainly plan to install it since I prefer to familiarize myself with
what will be inevitable in a few years.

*On Behalf Of *brian
*Sent:* November 5, 2021 5:12 PM

I don't see windows 11 as anything for blind people to get excited
about. It is for the most part like windows 10 however I don't like
the new windows sounds they are very soft this is the first version of
windows that does not have a musicial start up sounds. I think that
windows sounds should sound like windows sounds thats just me. A much
bigger issue is with windows updates. When you check for windows
updates you only hear that an update is down loading and that it is
installing. There is no percentages spoken and you don't hear what the
update is. I have called the microsoft disability answer desk to
report this issue. They also have not fixt the issue with the edge
brouser regarding the context menu not being readable by screen
readers and there have been several updates to edge since they know
about this issue. I am not very impressed with windows 11 yes it is
usable but it's just eye candy for the sighted and nothing to write
home about for us blind people. There is no internet explorer in
windows 11 so I have to use the edge brouser. I would conciter
windows 11 a down grade for the blind. I would staywith windows 10 as
long as I could if you have not already upgraded to windows 11.

Brian Sackrider s

Hello Brice,

reader, you should find that Windows 11 is pretty similar to
Windows 10. I am sure others will chime in regarding their
experiences, but for me, having been on Windows 11, the experience
is for the most part, similar. Settings has seen a bit of a
change, there are some changes to actions center/control center
and the system tray, there are a couple of new keyboard shortcuts,
but really, the experience for the most part will be similar.

Thanks.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 8:51 AM brice Mijares
<bmijares33@...> wrote:

I got notified a couple of weeks ago that my system was ready
to install
discussion on
upgrade
due to the lack of knowledge of win 11. I'd appreciate any and
all advice.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcounter.li.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921821774%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=xqqa2ypD2OWJPI5ohbq9bXJJeLi1mXcaxB4zsyD1qXo%3D&reserved=0>

for Windows, visit nvaccess.org
<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nvda-project.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921821774%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=envWzszq2g1lGfixRgb3lsqUbRhjivPPlWB5soow6gY%3D&reserved=0>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image removed by sender. AVG logo
<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Finternet-security&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921831769%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=MCgEqYRmLriQQaRcjaDWoBEsJfy0rV3cZ0RfGL2AQtE%3D&reserved=0>

www.avg.com
<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Finternet-security&data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.micallef%40gov.mt%7C9ea9110472f246ff055a08d9a0eae036%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637717752921831769%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=MCgEqYRmLriQQaRcjaDWoBEsJfy0rV3cZ0RfGL2AQtE%3D&reserved=0>

tim

Did you ever think these problems could be a screen reader issue?

If its so bad you can always go back to paper and pen, or learn your tools better?

On 11/5/2021 8:11 PM, brian wrote:

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

brian

The context menu might work with jaws but it does not work with either nvda or narator.  If you press shift 10 you hear nothing it does not say context menu and when you down arrow the menu is not opend. 

Brian Sackrider

On 11/6/2021 1:03 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Yes, you can go to Settings > Update and Security and check there, on one of my systems iti says that I'll be able to install Windows 11, but that it's not quite available for me yet. You may already have received the update in which case you will see an option there that you can Download and Install it.

From: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io <winaccess@winaccess.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Brown
Sent: November 5, 2021 11:01 PM

Brian Sackrider  s

Hello Brice,

Thanks.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

AVG logo

www.avg.com